OVERVIEW AND REPORTING RELATIONSHIP
With general supervision and some latitude for independent judgment and discretion, this position performs routine to somewhat detailed invoicing, maintains company’s and joint venture filing systems, assists with functional responsibilities of the company, and provides general accounting support, including, but not limited to bank reconciliations and preparation of bank deposits. This position typically performs work in a corporate location and reports to Controller and CFO.
OTHER REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
· Ensures the accuracy of invoicing activities and makes corrections where appropriate. This includes preparing and invoicing customers on an ongoing basis, ensuring that invoices are accurate and complete.
· Coordinates invoicing process with partners and subcontractors.
· Accounts payable coordination.
· Collaborates and communicates with other departments and partners to research moderately complex invoicing issues and ensure the timely billing of recoverable costs. This includes communicating with customers and Project Managers regarding invoices as requested or apparent. This also includes researching and correcting account discrepancies where found.
· Ensures that correct, timely and complete information is available.
· In a timely manner, reviews the financial system and other systems/reports to ensure the accuracy of data entered.
· Serves as a primary resource, responding to questions, facilitating timely and accurate exchange of information, and providing incidental direction as appropriate.
· Maintains certificate of insurance expiration log, insurance and vehicle registration files.
· Orders office supplies.
· Answers and directs phone calls.
· Ad hoc projects and administrative tasks.
WORK EXPERIENCE OR RELATED EXPERIENCE:
Experience working in a professional office environment. Accounting/bookkeeping experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: Candidates should be able to deal with partners and clients in friendly, courteous, timely and professional manner. Good verbal and written communication skills are required. The ability to collaborate with others internally and consistently display a “team player” attitude is required. Excellent attention to detail and the ability to remain organized and focused is essential. Incumbents should have the ability to work on multiple tasks with general supervision and meet deadlines.
EQUIPMENT: Incumbents must be proficient with a personal computer and have a good knowledge, understanding and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and Outlook). Additionally, experience in accounting or business management software is required, experience with QuickBooks is desirable.
AA degree or higher.