If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc.(Nasdaq: NVAX) is a late-stage biotechnology company that promotes improved health globally by discovering, developing, and commercializing innovative vaccines to prevent serious infectious diseases. Novavax is uniquely qualified to address the enduring need for innovative vaccines. We utilize our proprietary recombinant technology platform, which combines genetic engineering's power and speed to efficiently produce highly immunogenic nanoparticles designed to address urgent global health needs. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world's most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
We are seeking a Senior Facility Technician to execute mechanical and utility maintenance activities in GMP and non-GMP environments in compliance with applicable cGMP standards, regulations, techniques and best practices. This position will also be expected to assist in implementation of processes, procedures and work practices leading to consistent, efficient, and compliant maintenance activities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure timely completion of Facility work orders by assigning resources, tracking progress, and providing weekly status reports to the Manager of Facilities.
- Ensure documentation relating to equipment repair and maintenance is properly completed, submitted in a timely manner, and follows Good Documentation Practices. Documentation includes corrective and preventive maintenance reports, trackers, and equipment/room log books.
- Perform hands-on preliminary troubleshooting and maintenance of mechanical and utility systems in a GMP manufacturing and laboratory environment, including HVACs, pneumatic/vacuum systems, chillers, compressors, purified water systems, water source heat pumps and compressed gases.
- Where self-performance of maintenance activities is not feasible, schedule activities with established contractors. Ensure contractor work is performed in compliance with SOPs and established work practices.
- Recommend improvements to preventive maintenance work instructions for building and utility equipment.
- Review daily equipment inspection and maintenance documents and inform Manager of Facilities of any deficiencies and recommendations.
- Ensure multiple facilities are well-maintained by performing routine facility inspections and reporting inspection results. Initiate and track-to-completion resulting corrective actions under minimal supervision.
- Perform minor facilities maintenance task such as patching, painting, and minor plumbing.
- Maintain spare parts inventories for building equipment and utilities.
- Apply best cGMP work-practices and techniques to remain in compliance with FDA regulatory requirements.
- Report key quality and business metrics and use such metrics to drive a culture of continuous process improvement within the area of responsibility.
- Immediately escalate and report any deviations to materials, facilities, processes or procedures to the department head.
- Conduct all activities in the most careful and safe manner and in full compliance with Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure that at all times, equipment, facilities and materials used in the area of responsibility comply with defined standards.
- Actively contribute to the development and maintenance of an enthusiastic, supportive and collaborative environment within the team-setting.
- To undertake any other duties as requested by the line manager in accordance with company requirements.
- This job can include night and weekend work.
- High school diploma plus further training in mechanical, electrical, or other relevant technical field.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in building and utility equipment maintenance, preferably in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or related industry.
- Experience working within a quality management system.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experienced with Good Documentation Practices.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and teamwork skills.
- Ability to document activities and keep organized records
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden. Novavax is traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol NVAX and is dedicated to developing novel vaccines to address infectious disease.
Novavax, Inc. offers a base salary, annual bonus, stock options, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Job Posted by ApplicantPro