Role pays between $12.64 (Day Shift) and $14.16 (Night Shift) an hour.
Job Summary: The Woodworker is responsible for performing a variety of entry-level tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Receive direction from the supervisor and notify the supervisor when more work is needed.
• Maintain the work area, machinery, and tools in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
• Follow all safety procedures, rules, and guidelines; and notify the supervisor of any existing or potential safety issues.
• Follow all standard operating procedures and notify the supervisor of potential procedural improvements.
• Assist in other work areas when the workload permits or requires.
• Cooperate with and support co-workers and get involved as a team player.
• Meet or exceed the production standards for the position.
• Accurately, thoroughly, and legibly complete all documentation related to this position; i.e., production reports, accurate time keeping, etc.
• Observe closely the operation of tools and machinery and notify the supervisor immediately of malfunctions or maintenance that may be needed.
• Monitor product constantly to ensure that quality standards are being met, and reject product that does not meet quality standards.
• Performs related work as directed:
Feeds the Finish Sander; takes panels from a pallet and places them under the sander.
Piling table or belt; take cut blanks from table or belt and place these blanks on appropriate pallet, sorting these pieces by size. Blanks weigh 1-2 pounds but because of rapid pace, need to pick up several at a time.
Tailing the gang saw; after boards have been cut lengthwise by gang saw, boards are pulled from conveyor and stacked on appropriate cart. Boards are 8-16 feet long and up to 3 inches wide. Sort boards according to size, so need to recognize the difference between 1¾, 2½, 2¾, etc.
Lay up panels on the gluer; lay staves together by matching color and grain pattern. Place these staves on conveyor to be placed in gluer clamps.
• Observe closely the operation of any area assigned to, so that when an operator position becomes available, the skills necessary to perform that job are mastered.
NOTE: For individuals with nut allergies, please be advised that there is the potential to be exposed to nut products when working in our facilities.REM-03 WS-03
Shift start: 6:00AM or 7:00PM
Shift length: 10 hours
Night shift Mon-Thur 7:00 p to 5:30 a 10 hour shift with overtime on Friday as needed and Day Shift Mon-Thur 6:00 a to 4:30 p 10 hour shift with overtime on Friday as needed
Quanex Building Products Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides components for the fenestration industry worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American Engineered Components, European Engineered Components, and North American Cabinet Components. The company offers flexible insulating glass spacers; extruded vinyl profiles; window and door screens; cabinet doors and other components for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the kitchen and bathroom cabinet industry; and precision-formed metal and wood products, as well as solar panel sealants, trim moldings, vinyl decking and fencing products, water retention barriers, and conservatory roof components.