The EDI System Analyst’s role is to configure, install, monitor and maintain high business workflows in various environments to maintain high levels of data availability and throughput in support of the business community. Individual will provide direct end-user support of existing systems, including training and problem solving. In addition, they will provide detailed design analysis for new/replacement applications where deemed necessary by department management.
1. Perform mapping and management for EDI-based transactions and processes
2. Perform EDI data audits and implement quality control measures
3. Writes and maintains documentation to describe EDI development, logic, coding, testing, changes, and corrections.
4. Develops and maintains EDI translation maps and trading partner setups.
5. Assists in the creation of test data and testing scenarios to exercise fully mapping logic.
6. Provides technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding errors, problems, or questions about programs.
7. Assists internal and external customers with front and back end development for EDI related projects.
8. Meets with internal personnel to discuss project specifications and establish needs analysis for department tasks.
9. Assist end users and EDI Help Desk with questions or production issues
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
· Advanced understanding of EDI Standard formats (ANSI X12, XML, EDIFACT, RosattaNet etc.).
· Strong understanding of 810, 832, 850, 855, 856, 860, 865, 870, 846, 940, 945, 997 and other EDI transaction sets
· Knowledge of AS/400 / iSeries
· Minimum 8 years’ experience with mapping, analyzing, designing and troubleshooting EDI systems preferably with EDI development tools such as Dell Boomi, Informatica, Axway(AS2), BizTalk or other EDI software.
· Experience with EDI contract manufacturing process.
· Experience with JDE EnterpriseOne 9.x and JDE World.
· Understand ERP/JDE inbound/outbound EDI tables.
· Strong planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
· Ability to interpret and evaluate user request and solve problems
· Strong written and oral communication skills and highly developed interpersonal skills