Who We Are
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is a network of 20 high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools. We educate more than 9,000 students in grades pre-K through eighth in the greater Los Angeles area and San Diego. Additionally, we support approximately 5,100 alumni on their journey to and through high school and college.
What We Believe
KIPP SoCal believes that the purpose of education is for liberation. This means that we see, develop, and inspire the limitless potential in each and all of our KIPPsters.
What We Do
At KIPP SoCal we build trusting relationships that are strengthened by high expectations and collaboration alongside laughter and joy. We set ambitious goals and hold each other accountable for students achieving their greatest potential. We work together with each other and in partnership with families and communities in the active pursuit of a more equitable world. We do the right thing, even when it's not always comfortable standing up and speaking out against anti-blackness, racism, oppression, and injustice. We persevere through obstacles and treat failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
You Should Apply If
You're a systems thinker and you like seeing processes built from the ground up. You love to collaborate and have a strong knack for detail-oriented organization and the ability to manage big, complex projects and lead the team to success. But in everything you do, you put relationships first. You love building lasting relationships with students, staff, and families creating trust, respect, and accountability for the success of our students and our schools.
This role is for a founding school opening in the fall of 2021. Tentative start date for this role is January 2021.
What You'll Do
- Lead all non-instructional functions of a school allowing the school leader/principal and other instructional staff to drive superior student achievement
- Be the subject matter expert for school operations, responsibilities include successfully executing systems, processes and policies in all non-instructional areas
- Manage a school-based operations team, ensuring the school is in compliance with all local, district, state and federal laws and regulations, and leading all efforts toward operational excellence
- Student Health & Safety: Oversees compliance related to student health initiatives, including student immunizations and student health assessments; designs and implements systems and procedures that ensure student and team member safety during the school day and specifically during the COVID-19 pandemic, leads the implementation of physical health & safety guidelines on the school campus to prevent the spread of COVID-19 amongst our school community.
- Finance & Purchasing: School-site partner of the regional Finance & Accounting Team, with responsibility for procurement, cash receipts, deposits, effective implementation of financial policies, and assistance to the School Leader with budget management
- Student Information & Reporting: Coordinates with KIPP SoCal's School Success Team with regard to all data analysis and reporting; and ensures confidentiality and security of files and all information pertaining to students, parents, staff, and community
- Facilities: Manages and oversees the upkeep of the school’s facilities and coordinates with the School Success Team to implement school facility projects and maintenance; manages vendor relationships to ensure that maintenance, janitorial and pest control services are properly carried out
- School Nutrition Program: Manages the School Nutrition Program and implements processes and procedures that result in high quality, compliant and cost-effective food services; coordinates with food vendor, implements accurate counting and claiming procedures, and ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Student Recruitment & Enrollment: Manages the enrollment cycle at the school site with support from the School Success Team, including student recruitment, lottery management, waitlist management, and parent/student orientations
- Emergency Preparedness: Develops and maintains the school’s emergency safety plan, conducts quarterly staff emergency safety training, schedules and leads monthly drills, and maintains school emergency supplies
- Trip Planning & Event Coordination: Plans and coordinates logistics for school events and activities as needed, including, parent meetings, concerts, special events, fundraisers and field lessons
- Team Development & Management: Manages all operations staff at the school-site, including one to three office staff and operational aides; sets goals for the operations team and leads/supports team members toward achieving both performance and developmental goals through regular check-ins and the implementation of KIPP SoCal's performance management systems
- Organizational Effectiveness & Leadership: Improve and implement systems that contribute and drive school operations toward operational excellence, Maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholders, keeping school leader/principal informed and updated on all aspects of school operations; Lead, plan and execute short term school-based projects
You'll Be Qualified If You Have
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning
- Experience managing charter school operations (Preferred, but not required)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, anticipating future outcomes and events, then incorporate them into thoughtful solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjust priorities and work autonomously
- Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships and work effectively in a collaborative environment
Joining KIPP SoCal Means the Following
- Working at an organization committed to the hard work necessary to ensure education is for liberation
- Spending time with students and families in the best communities of LA, Compton, and San Diego
- Support and care from fellow teachers, administrators, and regional team members
- Ongoing professional development and coaching from a school site manager
Working with Us Means the Following Perks
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of the cost
- Employer paid KIPP SoCal life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP SoCal
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, Pet Insurance, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement for dependents, etc.)
KIPP SoCal Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP SoCal strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippsocal.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.