Fraud Prevention Analyst
The Fraud Prevention Analyst role will be responsible for identifying fraudulent situations through the review of suspicious activity reports and/or alerting systems. This role will also initiate appropriate action steps or seek appropriate assistance to protect bank from financial loss.Position Competencies
Successful incumbents possess business acumen, strategic agility, organizational agility, problem solving skills, decision quality, command skills, interpersonal savvy and presentation skills.Position Responsibilities
- Focus on detecting and investigating fraudulent transactions and account openings.
- Work with team on mitigating Identity Theft and Account Takeover situations.
- Analyze fraud trends and patterns and promptly adjusting fraud systems accordingly.
- Review suspicious activity/exception alerts to identify fraudulent or suspicious transactions and protect the bank from any loss.
- Work to detect other various fraud schemes (kiting, structuring, skimming, elder abuse, etc.) and characteristics of red flags.
- Work with various research and investigative software programs.
- Accurately and thoroughly document alert and case comments and all investigative steps, in compliance with department procedures and standards.
- Accurately identify and submit timely Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and Management Notifications with supervision.
- Interact with business units, customers and outside agencies to communicate fraud situations and recommend action steps.
- Take appropriate action steps to protect Comerica's assets and minimize losses with supervision.
- Research and investigate both alerts and cases concurrently, with management supervision, while adhering to all department and regulatory standards.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or 2 years combined bank and fraud experience
- 2 years' experience utilizing Microsoft Suite including Outlook
- 2 years of experience in customer service
7:30am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday; possible late hours and rotating shifts i.e. 7:00am to 3:30pm, 10:00am to 7:00pm
Posting ID: 577816634Posted: 2020-12-29