Join us in serving the community as a key member of our dedicated staff that helps run the Kiwanis Thrift Sale. Net proceeds of the Kiwanis Thrift Sale fund grants to dozens of local nonprofits. The Thrift Sale is held every Friday and Saturday at the Kiwanis Center, a 123,000 square foot office and warehouse facility west of Ann Arbor. Check us out!
- Go on pickups of donations as scheduled and assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Drive Kiwanis vehicles in a safe and responsible manner on pickups and when required for other Kiwanis business.
- Unload and stage picked up merchandise at Kiwanis Center and ensure merchandise is not in fire lanes as directed by the Sales Manager.
- Develop knowledge of sorting and retrieving the records in the FileMaker Pickup Database, (or current database software) on an iPad or iPhone, notating when pickups are completed or canceled.
- Move, store and pull furniture from storage facility at Kiwanis Center to replenish displayed sale items.
- Ensure all vehicles are unloaded, cleanedand ready for the next business day.
- Make a record in FileMaker Vehicle Maintenance Database (or current database software) of service or maintenance needs or any accident involving the Kiwanis vehicles. Inform Sales Manager of issues related to service/maintenance of Kiwanis vehicles.
- Inform Sales Manager of issues related to pickups.
- Assistwith the unloading of donations as well as the loading of merchandise purchased by customers.
- Load items forRecyclers as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Ensure areas around Kiwanis Center dock and construction dumpster are clear of trash and furniture.
- Ensure Warehouse facilities are clean and safe from defective merchandise, specifically furniture.
- Relate to customers and the public in a courteous manner and meet customer service expectations.
- Assist Facilities Manager with other tasks as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds, which could be anything from furniture to boxes, from inside of houses, businesses, warehouses, etc. up and down stairs to our vehicles.
- Must be able to load and unload furniture and merchandise from Kiwanis vehicles.
- Must be able to breakdown cardboard boxes and broken furniture and throw trash/garbage out. Must be able to lift and move plastic/wooden pallets.
- Must be able to use lift equipment to move pallets of merchandise on and off the truck, load into the steel storage areas or move these pallets within the Kiwanis Center.
- Must be able to handle steel used in making storage racks/shelves.
- Possess a valid Michigan driver's license (operator's license) and a good driving record that is sufficient to qualify as a permitted driver under Kiwanis insurance.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to coordinate tasks and available resources to achieve objectives.
- Possess good verbal, written and internet communication skills.
- Ability to perform physical tasks and sustain work effort.
- Is computer literate with knowledge of database software programs.
Work Schedule is 25 hours per week.
Posting ID: 563200260Posted: 2021-01-26