Subsidiary: KIRA Aviation Services
Job Title: Janitor
Job Location: NS Mayport, Jacksonville
Labor Category: Non-Exempt
Clearance Requirement: N/A
Travel Requirement: N/A
Tlingit Haida Tribal Business Corporation (THTBC) is a family of 8(a), HUBZone, SDB, and other companies wholly- owned by the largest tribe in Alaska. Each of its wholly- owned 30+ subsidiaries are uniquely qualified to deliver value to its customers and teaming partners. For over 30 years, THTBC has operated as a trusted US Federal contractor throughout the US and worldwide. As a Native Alaskan, Tribally- Owned business, THTBC has a competitive edge unique in the US Federal Government contracting space, including access to US Government directed sole source contracts. THTBC delivers outstanding service with innovative, low-cost contract solutions to all its public and private sector customers worldwide.
THTBC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
Score of Work:
The primary purpose of this position is to perform various tasks in keeping assigned NAS Jacksonville offices, buildings and facilities in a clean and orderly condition.
· Perform periodic cleaning duties such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish.
· Duties may include performing unscheduled activities and notifying management of the need for servicing and additional cleaning.
· Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming.
· Gather and empties trash to include trashcans in the proximity of exterior main entrances.
· Service, supply, and clean restrooms.
· Clean and polish furniture and drinking fountain fixtures.
· Dust office furniture, walls, machines and equipment.
· Mix water and detergents in containers according to product specifications to prevent damage to floors, fixtures or furniture.
· Safely and efficiently operate vehicle for travel across project site to various facilities.
· Move equipment and supplies either manually or by using a hand truck.
· Incumbent is to perform equipment checks as required to ensure all equipment is properly maintained and in safe operating condition.
· Notates any repair or maintenance needed and notifies Manager and/or Lead of any deficiencies prior to operation.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Minimum of one (1) year labor experience and/or training providing the necessary knowledge, skills, and ability to perform the tasks of the position.
· Must possess the ability to work in a team or alone and be able to change jobs on short notice. Ability to follow basic operating instructions.
· Reliable transportation to the worksite required.
· Must have practical knowledge of worksite safety, occupational hazards and standard safety practices.
· Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license to operate a company vehicle.
· Must be able to successfully complete a drug/alcohol test and a criminal record check.
· This position requires the operation of personal vehicles for company business.
· As such, employees holding jobs requiring regular driving for business as an essential job function must, as a condition of employment, be able to meet the driver approval standards and abide by the personal vehicle usage policy.
· Must be able to perform duties under adverse weather conditions (extreme cold / heat, etc.).
· Must be able to work alternate shift schedules when necessary to meet the mission requirements of the customer, to include weekends and holidays.
· Duties will require frequent periods of sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, crouching, crawling, reaching, and balancing.
· Physically fit to bend, stoop, and lift in awkward positions and able to lift up to 60 lbs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all the essential duties of the position satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. May be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance, including successfully completing a thorough background investigation.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us and let us know the nature of your request. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.