Leidos is seeking an Engineering Test Manager within the Civil, Transportation Solutions group, responsible for the Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) System Test Team.
Engineering Test Manager Responsibilities:
• Manage Future Flight Services Program (FFSP) test organization System Test Team
• Verify that all agile development for the new FFSP capabilities meets the acceptance criteria
• Oversee the System Test Team new software releases (including regression, performance, and stability testing), as well as regression testing of monthly security patches and adaptation data releases
• Acceptance testing of a new voice communications system (VCS) from our vendor, and formal FAA interoperability and operational suitability testing of the new VCS.
• Provide strong leadership and possess excellent interpersonal, planning and problem solving skills.
• Plan team tasks to ensure the teams meets deadlines and commitments. The manager will present status in programmatic and or engineering forums.
• Partner with Human Resources as needed for department
• Develop and conduct interim and yearly performance reviews for department personnel, and
• Lead special projects when assigned in addition to normal managerial duties.
• Manage program financial responsibilities and support proposals, ROM requests, and task order preparation.
• Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
• Due to program requirements, the candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) customer, and this position requires U.S. Citizenship.
• Excellent written and communication skills.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Experience managing a complex test program.
• Knowledge of and experience testing voice communication systems including telephony, automatic call dispatch, and radio communications
• Experience testing with the FAA
• Program / project leadership experience
• Software development or engineering experience.
• Cost management experience including earned value
• Flight Service Experience
• Transportation Solutions engineering process experience
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.