The Project Manager (PM) exists to manage the field operations of assigned job sites and ensure the control of every aspect of project delivery while ensuring that all project goals are achieved in accordance with the Company policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Re-Bid the project by confirming scope, quantities, and overall bid to identify any discrepancies before the project starts and identify and explore areas of cost saving potential or value engineering.
- Establish project budget by assigning all cost codes used in the project and assign values to the codes in Foundations accounting software, set DPC budget and plan, and create FLS for use on the project.
- Determine Scope of Work and complete Submittals while identifying any substitutions that would be beneficial and/or identifying any special order or long lead time items that may cause issues with project schedule.
- Buy-out project by creating a master purchase order and putting the material out to bid
- Identify project scope of work to be subbed out and solicit bids.
- Identify project equipment that will be purchased or rented and solicit bids.
- Develop project plan by completing an initial site inspection, planning the workflow on the project and communicating in writing to the client and senior management.
- Develop a project safety plan (PSP) while identifying any special labor, equipment, or training requirements and communicate it in writing to the client, senior management, and field personnel.
- Mobilize project by completing site re-inspection to ensure readiness and arranging for gang box, tools & equipment for delivery to the job site.
- Conduct foreman briefing by creating the foreman folder, attending foreman review to check estimating process, and participating in foreman project review presentation.
- Perform jobsite visits 1 to 2 times per week to ensure safety, aid in problem solving, order and schedule deliveries, manage the foreman/superintendent relationship, attend job site meetings, and monitor quality, scope of work, and project schedule.
- Monitor and coach all field personnel on safety requirements.
- Perform quality assessments regularly to ensure work is at Klover quality standards.
- Manage all client relations including the PM/PM, PM/Superintendent, and the Foreman/Superintendent relationships.
- Represent your projects in daily manpower scheduling.
- Perform project document management by completing, submitting, and following up on approvals of project change orders, identifying additional work directives and obtain field completed forms from foreman, and complete billings ensuring that we are meeting all requirements and follow through to payment when asked to do so.
- Manage documentation of project file by proper storage of documents in virtual project files and ensuring that both online and hard files are neat and organized with all documentation and correspondence easily accessible.
- Anticipate and document areas of potential dispute by writing correspondence to memorialize the resolution of issues and to clarify our response to issues raised by others.
- Manage subcontractor labor by collecting and awarding subcontracts, managing and approving subcontractor billings, ensuring that the daily subcontractor labor reports are completed, and managing the subcontractor relationship.
- Manage client expectations in a manner that we always meet or exceed the client’s expectation by keeping the project a positive experience for our clients at all levels of management and addressing small problems before they escalate.
- Manage project budget and ensure profitability by identifying problems early enough so the opportunity to correct the problem is possible.
- Accurately predict the final Gross Margin within 1% by the time the project is 40% complete and avoid margin fade at the end of the Project while striving to continuously improve the gross margin of the project.
- Demobilize the project by scheduling and monitoring material and equipment demobilization, completing and delivering contract close-out documents and attic stock, if applicable.
- Conduct project debrief meeting by including estimators, project foremen, trade and general superintendents, and project managers to identify and investigate positive and negative variances in the budget.
- Ensure that the Daily Field Reports are completed with labor on site and hours worked.
- Perform job site visits prior to job site start times several times through the duration of project in order to monitor arrival and departure time of site personnel.
- Special projects as needed
Required Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED
· 7+ years’ experience managing projects within the commercial carpentry field.
· Proficiency with PCs and ability to learn new software programs
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· Working knowledge of construction accounting programs.
Preferred Education and Experience:
· Associates Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or other related concentration
· 10+ years’ experience managing projects within the commercial carpentry field.
· 5+ years’ experience with field commercial carpentry work.
· Proficiency with QuickBid and On-Screen Takeoff.
· Proficiency with various project management software.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
· The ability to improve the immediate performance of others, facilitate their skill development and give feedback in a manner that facilitates confidence and maintains self-esteem.
· The ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously.
· The ability to resolve interpersonal or customer conflicts for WIN/WIN solutions.
· The ability to Identify or participate in identifying changes & new approaches to items such as procedures, methods, models, products, services, theories, concepts, technologies, etc. that benefit employees, customers and/or the organization.
· The ability to demonstrate concern for meeting internal and external customer needs in a manner that provides satisfaction for the customer within the resources that can be made available.
· The ability to successfully adapt (personally & professionally) to changes in the internal and external environment.
· The ability to make decisions that promote successful outcomes for employees, customers and/or the organization.
· The ability to build a relationship with another person or group through effective communication skills (listening, speaking & behaving).
· The ability to develop and use effective strategies, change management and interpersonal skills to influence others toward the accomplishment of identified objectives.
· The ability to convey thoughts and express ideas effectively using speech in individual or group situations; attends to and fully comprehends what others are saying.
· The ability to achieve business results through the effective and efficient utilization of resources.
· The ability to use clear & succinct written communication in the execution of this position to effectively transmit data, instructions, processes, procedures, etc.
· The ability to manage one's internal states, impulses and resources
· The ability to willingly cooperate and work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives
· Ability to plan a project and effectively organize the resources to accomplish the desired outcome
· The ability to manage one's internal states, impulses and resources.
Work Environment: The work environment will consist of a combination of a normal, climate controlled, office environment and both indoors and outdoors on many types of construction projects, with varying degrees of exposure to the elements. This may include extreme heat (>85 degrees for longer than one hour of exposure), extreme cold (<32 degrees for longer than one hour of exposure), excessive humidity and noise. Some hazards may be present such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, toxic/caustic chemicals, and slippery/uneven walking surfaces.
Travel: 25% - 75% travel to job sites within a 100 mile radius of the Klover Home Office.
Schedule: This position will call for work done during normal operating hours of 7 AM to 5 PM; however, some work prior and after those hours will be needed to successfully manage projects.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee of this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
Klover Contracting is a commercial carpentry company and manufacturer of prefabricated wall sytems founded in 1991. We exist to reinvent the way construction is done. Our mission is uncommon and requires trade professionals with uncommon capabilities. We offer one of the most competitive benefits packages in the industry because extraordinary associates deserve extraordinary benefits. So if you have a burning desire for self-improvement, a willful embrace for change, and a natural capability for the skills required, please submit your application.