The receptionist performs basic office duties of answering telephones, paging employees, filing, making copies, and other duties as required.
• Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate employee
• Answers all incoming telephone calls and directs them appropriately
• Pages employees when requested
• Ensures all phones are transferred to answering service when leaving for the day and notifies the answering service of who the “Nurse on Call” is
• At beginning of day, retrieves phone messages and directs them accordingly
• Gathers, collates, and distributes incoming mail
• Maintains office filing systems, and files all documents appropriately
• Responsible for copying documents as requested
• Responsible for placing the designated backup receptionist in place when on break or at lunch
• Maintains fax machine and typewriter to ensure that there is paper, ink cartridges and a log is maintained on incoming and outgoing faxes
• Maintains confidentiality regarding any patient and agency records
• Other duties as assigned
• Composes and types correspondences
• Maintains copier
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· One-year experience in Home Health preferred.
. One Year in Healthcare Setting
· Knowledge of general office procedures
· Computer literacy preferred
· Word processing skills preferred
· Secretarial skills preferred