United States of America Location:
HVA34: Sterling, VA 22640 Davis Dr, Sterling, VA, 20164-7104 USA
We are currently looking to add a Technical Publications Specialist to our team This individual will research, analyze, and translate technical information into government and commercial manuals and other documents for technical users. Establish and maintain internal and external company contacts for Collins Aerospace equipment and/or specific platform subject matter expertise. Job Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, designs and develops technical publications for one or more type documents of moderate complexity using established procedures.
- May be considered a specialist in a specific publication product or a generalist in multiple publication products. Self-directed and provides guidance to team members.
- Assists in the development of policies, guidelines, and procedures to ensure quality and cost control.
- Normally receives little instruction on day to day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignments. Plans, schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion.
- Obtains and analyzes engineering source data utilized for product development.
- May prepare product outlines and estimates to support product development and planning.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Candidates will be required to develop and update Technical Publications and Training Documentation in accordance with various military standards, Technical Manual Contract Requirements (TMCRs) and Data Item Descriptions (DIDs). Publications and documentation will include (not limited to) the following:
- Operation and Maintenance (O&M) Manual
- Planned Maintenance System (PMS)
- Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Manuals
- Inspection Requirements
- Technical Work Cards
- Training System Support Document (TSSD)
- Instructor Operator Handbook (IOH).
Candidates may be required to develop Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRLs) in accordance with DD Form 1423, Annex to Exhibits, and DIDs for the following:
- Initial Support Kit List (ISKL) - DI-ALSS-81529 and DI-SESS-81758A
- Proposed Spare Parts List (PSPL) - DI-ILSS-80134A
- Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) Management Plan - DI-MGMT-81948
- Bill Of Materials (BOM) for DMSMS Management - DI-PSSS-81656A
- Training Equipment Change Directive (TECD) - DI-CMAN-81269A
- Equipment Inventory Record (EIR) - DI-ILSS-81251
- Inventory/Utilization Data Report (IUDR) - DI-MISC-81107A
- Training Equipment Summary (TES) - DI-MISC-81184.
- Must Be a U.S. Citizen
- Proficient using Microsoft Office 2013 or 365 (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Must have a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 3 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
Working knowledge of:
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Adobe Illustrator
- Microsoft Project 2013
- PTC Arbortext Editor
- Tortoise SVN.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers' toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions - whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you'll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today. Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success
. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility. WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms