Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Energize your future by joining our team at Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative (NOVEC)!
We are looking for a Customer Care Representative to politely and professionally handle customer inquiries via telephone, email, fax and/or USPS mail while demonstrating strong customer relations and customer problem solving skills with the aim of providing quality customer service and first contact resolution. This position will also perform billing responsibilities for NOVEC's residential, commercial, contract, customer, and streetlight accounts which requires daily review of billing cycle reports, calculating electric usage and performing the necessary billing adjustments to ensure NOVEC customers are billed accurately and on-time.
Essential Job Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Schedule service connects, disconnects, transfers, and meter checks error free.
- Review, research and correct customer accounts due to current diversion, lost paperwork, meter exchanges, switch meters, high bill complaints and misapplied payments.
- Perform tasks as assigned to include email task assignments, billing assignments, creating spreadsheets and letters, document scanning, etc.
- Utilize various computer applications such as Webcall, Speedpay, Daffron CIS, Kubra, Equifax, etc. to respond to customer inquiries. Assist customers with the self-service options available to them on NOVEC's website (online bill payment, outage map and outage reporting, energy usage, etc.).
- Process incoming calls in a manner consistent with meeting division goals in the area of ACW time, average answer speed, abandoned rate, AUX, staffed time, and percentage of calls answered.
- Perform other essential functions such as training new employees, implementing corporate or regulatory programs and processing returned Capital Credit checks.
- Review and assist in policy and procedure development to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or recognized equivalent is required.
- A minimum of three years of previous customer service experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to review and analyze customer accounts by using listening skills, interpret information in system applications and relay information to customers.
- Must possess highly developed math skills and the ability to analyze billing and variance reports.
- Ability to create correspondence by typing a minimum of 40 wpm, calculate billing adjustments and respond to emails through proficient use of word processing, spreadsheet and other applicable system applications.
- Ability to use proper phone etiquette while answering incoming calls from external and internal customers.
- Must possess the ability to learn a variety of computer applications in order to create service order that connect, disconnect, transfer customer service and request meter checks.
- Must possess strong listening, interpretation, negotiating and coaching skills.
- Must possess strong customer service skills and have the ability to work in a team environment.
If you're ready to take the next step towards advancing your career, apply today! NOVEC is an equal opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. We do not provide sponsorship for our positions.
Posting ID: 593834412Posted: 2021-01-17