Signing bonus of $500 for qualified candidate.
Would you love a rewarding career opportunity working with children? Have fun at work every day - enjoying an awesome team!
We are growing and our busy advanced pediatric dental practice would love to add talented, energized, and educated members to our team! This is a unique opportunity in the dental field! If you're friendly, energetic, and motivated, we're looking for you. If you want to help children smile, be healthy and be a lead member of a team of friendly professionals who like to have fun while they work then you're looking for us! Dental assisting experience required and willing to train the right person! Some orthodontic experience is necessary.
Our team genuinely loves kids, so we work hard to create a safe, comfortable, and fun experience for everyone that walks through our doors, including our team! We have more continuing education and training than 99% of those in our industry and we use that knowledge to provide an exceptional experience for our patients. We have an office culture of continual learning and daily focus on our successes. Patient protocols are in place to focus on achieving health - not just fixing teeth. Communication and compassion are central to our practice and necessary to help our patients see the potential dentistry has to change their life. Our doctors are exceptionally skilled, humble, and truly enjoys teaching the team. We are a growing organization at the forefront of the dental industry and are continually expanding our footprint within the DC/MD/VA metropolitan area.
Be part of a dynamic organization that will make you proud. Learn more about the position below and how you can join our team! If you have the drive AND the skills, there is no better team for you to be a part of.
We provide MAXAIR CAPR® Systems, an advanced respiratory protection system for our team members.
*Please complete the entire application to be considered for the position.*Compensation:
$18 - $23 hourlyResponsibilities:
- Educates patient and parents on proactive and preventative dental care, nutrition, sleep, and breathing habits
- Providing patient care and support
- Takes diagnostic digital X-rays, 3D CBCT scans of patient’s teeth, and processing results
- Takes impressions and 3D digital impressions
- Receive patients and prepare them for necessary dental procedures
- Prepare for dental treatment with correct instruments and material ready for use as directed by operator
- Record findings from oral examination
- During oral examination or treatment, provide instruments and dispense materials as directed by operator
- Provide pre- and post-operative care for patients undergoing general or local anesthesia
- Administering Sealants
- Performing Prophys on eligible patients
- Other duties to be determined
- Clear the patient's mouth of saliva or dental materials used in the treatment by operating handheld suction or air and water-spraying equipment
- Clean and sterilize the instruments used after treatment, clean and tidy the surgery and implement standard decontamination procedures for infection control
- Maintain and re-stock dental supplies
- Perform routine care and maintenance of dental equipment and instruments
- May assists in some restorative and oral surgery laser dental procedures
- Performs minor orthodontic procedures, appliance fabrication
- Individuals who display aptitude and interest will be given employer-paid career advancement opportunities
- Maintains patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance. Ensure any release of patient information is done according to the Company guidelines
- Additional duties will be assigned to achieve the Company standards and goals as efficiently as possible
- We are a specialty pediatric practice and see ages 2 days old - 18 years old
Our team is full of individuals with different skills and personalities, but each is willing to go the extra mile for our patients while communicating well with our team. Relatable? Then there’s a spot for you at our practice. We’re excited to hear from you!Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED Certificate required
- X-ray certification required
- Leadership ability
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Response promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Response to requests for service and assistance
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed
- Demonstrated coaching and counseling skills with the ability to supervise large numbers of staff in a fast-paced unpredictable environment
- Ability to successfully collaborate with a variety of internal clients, identifying problems and offering solutions
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills. Ability to learn and practice new concepts quickly and teach them to others
- Demonstrated professional and ethical standards to gain and maintain credibility
- Must have the ability to interpret a variety of technical information, governmental laws, regulations, and labor contracts
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethics; Upholds organizational values
- Judgment - Includes appropriate people in the decision-making process
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative - Volunteers readily; Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work
- A constant drive to improve self-learning. Individuals who display aptitude and interest will be given employer-paid career advancement opportunities
- Paid time off for full-time members which increase as you grow in your career with us
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401k Retirement
- Paid holidays
- Employer-paid training opportunities
- Ability to work 36-38 hours per week (some days as early as 7 am and ending some days at 7 pm)
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturday's per month (7:30 am-1 pm)
- Reliable transportation to Ashburn, Virginia in all types of weather
- In addition to an excellent compensation package, a career with Ashburn Children's Dentistry will offer you access to beautiful facilities, advanced technologies, continuing education offerings, abundant opportunities for career growth, a dedicated support team, and wonderful patients
For almost 20 years, we have been honored to be one of Northern Virginia’s most awarded practices; we were most recently voted 2020 Northern Virginia’s Top Dentist. At Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, we practice from the heart – delivering quality customized dental care to create an experience that exceeds each patient’s expectations from when they walk through the door to when they exit it.
We are authoritative leaders in pediatric dentistry utilizing lasers and other advanced technologies. Through education and collaboration, we help patients and parents commit to a wellness journey that focuses on proactive prevention that prioritizes overall health at each stage of development.
We offer comprehensive medical benefits, personalized training programs, and more! We are looking for passionate, hard-working people who want to be part of our team and take ownership and pride in what they do. We promise exciting opportunities and growth potential.