Mental Health Therapist
Part Time and Full-time Professional
Join our devoted and passionate Mental Health Therapist team!
EveryMind is hiring a Part-Time and Full-time Mental Health Therapist to support students and families in the community. This position provides individual and family therapy to students of all ages within, MD Community. This position works closely with our MCPS partners and partners at the MCPS Health Clinic to receive referrals, provided individual and family therapy, and therapeutic groups to uninsured and underinsured students. Want to make a difference? Be a part of the amazing work EveryMind is accomplishing!
Why Are Mental Health Therapists Joining EveryMind?
EveryMind is consistently recognized for being an excellent place to work, offering a positive workplace culture and a Competitive Compensation package that is meant to provide a great lifework balance.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- Highly Competitive/ Advanced Base Salary
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K matching benefit
- Highly Generous Leave Schedule ( Vacation, Sick, PTO, Volunteer days, Mental Health Days, Holidays, Birthday leave, and much more)
- CEU Opportunities
- Group Consultation (once per month)
- Clinical Supervision (once per week)
- Pay Increases with Licensure Advancements
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral Bonus Program
- Sensible Caseload management
- Employee Discount Program
EveryMind is Strong and Keeps Growing
EveryMind is a growing private nonprofit with 125 employees across 20 locations. We have served the community for over 60 years by strengthening communities and empowering individuals to reach optimal mental wellness. As a trusted mental health resource EveryMind offers programs and services that bring healing, hope, and wholeness to children, youth, adults, veterans, and families. EveryMind’s programs address a full spectrum of community needs through direct services, crisis prevention, and education. EveryMind positively impacts hundreds of area residents every week. Last year, EveryMind served 16,000 individuals in the region with 115,000 hours of direct support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive clinical services to referred students, individuals, or families including assessment, individual, group, and family counseling, classroom observations, attendance at school/parent meetings to provide input on school and education behavior plans, and when appropriate, mental health crisis intervention services.
- Leads or co-leads office or school-based therapy or psycho-educational groups and community education by developing and implementing group curriculums and workshops based on community needs.
- Conducts regular outreach to the general community and assigned school(s) regarding services. Acts as a consultant to school and community partners when requested, providing information and referral for appropriate services and during times of crisis as needed and appropriate.
- Maintains compliance with the contract, grant, and position expectations, including:
- Meeting productivity requirements
- Maintaining minimum caseload requirements.
- Timely submission of data through electronic health records system.
- Compiles and maintains accurate documentation in individual client case files and group charts, including assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, consents, and summaries. Collects program evaluation data from participants in groups, workshops, and individual and family counseling.
- (Level II - LC) Mentors assigned graduate/LM level therapists to support their on-going clinical skill development through informal case consultation and providing diagnostic and treatment plan reviews, feedback, and approval.
- (Level II – LC) Assists with training new staff and interns as needed by providing opportunities for shadowing and information sharing and developing and/or delivering training workshops based on area expertise.
- Adheres to ethical principles for the practice of counseling as defined by the Social Work Code of Ethics and the code of ethics of the counselor’s licensure board.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Required:
- Mental Health Therapist I - Minimum of a Master’s degree in a mental health field such as psychology, counseling, or social work. Meet all necessary state licensure requirements—a minimum of one-year pre or post-licensure of relevant experience.
- Mental Health Therapist II - Minimum of a Master’s degree in a mental health field such as psychology, counseling, or social work. Meet all necessary state licensure requirements at an advanced or independent (LC) clinical level. A minimum of 2 years post-licensure of relevant experience.
Bilingual in Spanish and English (Preferred). Must be able to read, write, and speak both languages. Strong organizational, relationship building, community building, and record-keeping skills. Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to actively listen. Keen attention to detail. Willingness to stay updated on new treatments, protocols, and licensure requirements within the field. Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- During COVID 19 temporary school closure, the work is remote. (working from home)
- When Montgomery county schools re-open, the work location is Montgomery County School.
Schedule: Monday to Friday