POSITION: Certified Medical Assistant
LOCATION: Kaufman Allergy Asthma and Immunology, PLLC; Vienna, VA 22182
Full-time, Monday – Friday, no call, no weekends
ABOUT THE PRACTICE:
Kaufman Allergy Asthma and Immunology, PLLC is a new solo Allergy Immunology practice, where our staff work together as a team to provide the highest quality of care to the patients we serve, exceeding patients’ expectations every day. Our vision is to transform the health care experience through a culture of kindness and compassion, unequivocal quality, service to others, and dedication to patient safety.
We are looking for candidates who want to work as a member of a strong, collegial team to provide care for adult and pediatric patients with allergies, asthma and immune disorders. See below for qualifications, experience and expectations:
• High school diploma required.
• CMA/RMA from accredited program
• Current Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association at the time of hire.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of one year of experience in a medical practice is preferred.
• Friendly demeanor, great attitude, and able to work effectively with others well as a member of the team.
• Ethical and dependable.
• Very detail oriented and organized, with an ability to work independently and efficiently.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Neat, professional appearance.
• Adept in basic computer skills, including email and internet applications.
• Knowledge of electronic medical records, practice management and word processing software. Experience with AthenaHealth is preferred.
• Understanding of OSHA guidelines for ambulatory practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Greets patient and escorts them from the waiting room to exam rooms; prepares patients for exam or treatment; takes vital signs.
• Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
• Performs administrative functions including scheduling, patient intake, verification of insurance, ensuring forms are updated and complete, and other tasks of medical reception.
• Answers patient-related telephone calls and responds according to clinical protocol.
• Office opening and closing procedures.
• Performs allergy procedures, such as allergy skin testing, patch testing, spirometry as ordered by physician.
• Performs patient education when appropriate.
• Administers biologic injections as ordered by physician.
• Administers allergy injections to shot patients as set forth on physician approved schedule.
• Monitors patient’s medical status for possible adverse reaction following receipt of allergy injection.
• Maintains emergency equipment, including oxygen, crash cart, etc.
• Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for testing and treatment.
• Maintains clinical supply stock and medication samples; monitors expiration dates.
• Completes appropriate documentation in patient’s electronic medical record.
• Collaborates with patients, colleagues and team members to achieve desired outcomes.
• Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management and other computer software as it relates to job functions.
• Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and compliance guidelines established by the practice.
• Attends CPR, OSHA, HIPAA, and Compliance training programs as required.
• Attends all regular meetings, training, and annual competency assessments.
• Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice Manager.
• Complies with regulations, policies and procedures in the clinical area, according to all applicable state and federal laws.
• Reports all incidents accordingly to Practice Manager or Compliance Officer as appropriate.
• Working with integrity to uphold our practice, following standardized protocols and workflows.
Candidates are subject to background check and/or drug screening. We offer our employees competitive compensation, flexibility and opportunity for growth and advancement. Full time employees will qualify for benefits including contribution into a retirement account with safe harbor match, personal time off, uniform allowance and medical Insurance if needed.
Kaufman Allergy Asthma and Immunology, PLLC strives to maintain a workplace that accepts and appreciates the differences among our employees. The company will not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, status with respect to public assistance or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.