This is it! Your time to shine!
The Mission Solutions Group at Leidos just recently won a government contract with a classified customer in the National Capital Region! We are seeking a Technical Lead who is also an Electromagnetics Lab-RF Antenna Expert. We are specifically interested in someone who may also have antenna chamber experience. This position will provide technical support to the customer's Electromagnetics (EM) Lab Lead, and will supervise assigned personnel in the Electrical Engineering (EE) support staff.
As the Technical Lead, the individual focuses on the identification and implementation of strategic improvements, and suggests solutions that are consistent with the customer's vision and mission. Coordinates with the customer and the Lead's staff on the prioritization of requirements and implementation of a schedule for all approved/accepted requirements. Ensures adherence to both Industry and customer standards and best practices, and compliance to any applicable board and reviews. Remains cognizant of respective day-to-day tactical issues, ensuring that the Lead's assigned staff is achieving required performance levels. Monitors and documents staff activities to help verify consistent processes and procedures are being executed.
As the EM Lab-RF Antenna Expert and Lead, the individual ensures the customer is supported in the following tasks using assigned staff as necessary:
• Fabrication or repair of antennas and/or RF cable/connector assemblies
• Development, scheduling, delivery, and physical setup of new or existing EE, RF, and antenna intrinsic training courses
• Operation and maintenance of the spherical near field chambers
• Operation and maintenance of tapered far field chambers worldwide
• Development and maintenance of RF circuit measurement tools (load pull and noise figure)
• Development and maintenance of a FEKO antenna model library
• Interface with outside vendors for technical support or purchasing
• Provision of FOB experience to populate and test printed circuit boards by hand and with machine enabled tools
• Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent and 12 years experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of degree
• 4 years of demonstrated experience in antenna design or antenna measurement chamber design and operation
• 2 years of demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Operation of various electronic devices such as transmitters, receivers, power supplies, digital audio/video recorders, and audio repeaters and cellular devices
• Working with far field antenna measurement chamber
• Proper construction of RF cable/connector assemblies
• Use of spherical, cylindrical or planar near field antenna measurement chamber or equivalent training
• Keysight Technologies brand RF measurement equipment
• Use of antenna modeling software packages such as HFSS, GST or FEKO
• Demonstrated experience in the IPG J-STD-001 Requirements for Soldering Electrical and Electronic Assemblies certification or equivalent
• Completion of FEKO training class provided by Altair Engineering or demonstrated equivalent experience
• Possess or obtain Keysight Technologies Certification within 90 days of contract award
• Masters of Science in Electromagnetics
• Demonstrated experience in the following areas:
• Programming / architectural programming experience in Visual Basic programming language or equivalent training
• Python Programing language
• Proper use of the MITS Electronics Precision milling machine and LPKF ProtoLaser U3
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.