Crown, a global Fortune 500 packaging manufacturer, has an immediate opening for a Senior Accountant in the North American Beverage Division that will help support our expansion. As a key member of the Division accounting team reporting directly to our Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant will have a wide range of responsibilities including the following:
- Project accounting and management. Work with project engineers, area managers, plant accountants, and others as needed to:
- Develop cash flow budgets and forecasts.
- Track spending by project, and in total, vs Project Appropriation Request (PAR), Budget, and Forecast.
- Analyze variances.
- Summarize and present to executive management.
- Project Appropriation Requests (PARs)
- Able to analyze a PAR for Capital Vs Expense spending.
- Calculate payback and Internal Rate of Return (IRR).
- Perform Post Mortem analysis on PARs as needed.
- CostProfitability analysis
- Provide analysis of manufacturing standard cost variances Vs prior year, Budget, and Rolling Forecasts.
- Provide margin analysis on Sales and PAR opportunities.
In addition to the above, projects, analysis, reporting and other accounting responsibilities will be assigned based on the needs of the business.
We are seeking a high-potential individual for this opportunity with the desire and ability to advance within the organization. Requirements include the following:
- BA/BS degree in finance or accounting. MBA is a plus
- 3+ years' experience in manufacturing accounting / finance preferably in a large matrixed corporate environment.
- Successful experience in project accounting
- Experience with cost accounting
- Proven communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to effectively compose, write, edit and proofread business correspondence, contracts, proposals and management reports
- Strong data management skills, along with Excel, Power Point, Word.
- Ability to effectively use analytical or theoretical approaches to problem solving
- Well organized and detail oriented with outstanding time management skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as proven presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple projects to completion
- Self-motivated and eager to take the initiative; with the ability to work effectively in a team setting and as an individual
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Posting ID: 575028210Posted: 2020-11-09