Job DescriptionAre you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
The Financial Analyst assists the Market Director of Finance, Field Operations (MDOF) or Director of Finance, Field Operations (DOF) by providing leadership, guidance and support with financial compliance and adherence of the management agreement with the nonprofit property owners' association and the financial and accounting analysis of the on-site ancillary business operations. As a business advisor, the position provides the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the annual budgeted goals and delivery of desirable financial results.
Perform various financial modeling and analytical requests, and maintain strong internal controls environment, including the compliance to company standards, policies, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements. Ensuring proper controls are in place to mitigate risks for the organization. Core work activities include, but not limited to business partnering with various stakeholders to meet financial objectives, financial statement review and analysis, and compliance of accounting controls.CANDIDATE PROFILE
Education and Experience
CORE WORK ACTIVITIESAccounting, Controls, and Financial Analysis:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred, or related major; 0-2 years related work experience in finance and accounting; or,
- High School Diploma/GED and equivalent work experience
Managing and Business Partnerships:
- Supports day to day operations and department objectives including but not limited to, verifying compliance with the Cash Handling policy and Compliance Standards, conducting initial research to assist internal customers and escalates to corporate F&A Leaders as appropriate, identifying and anticipating future business needs, and implementing new processes.
- Review and analyze financial statements in accordance to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Research and document variances from actual results compared to budget and previous forecast.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are supported by appropriate documentation
- Ensure tax rates used for sales and use tax are current and proper amounts are collected and/or accrued.
- Conduct property level self-assessments and assist with internal, tax, and regulatory audits. Assist the DOF or MDOF with completing action plans to rectify deficiencies.
- Provide analytical support during budget reviews and capital planning to identify cost savings and productivity opportunities.
- Assist with cash flow and profit forecasts that facilitate timely adjustments to the business by on-site leaders.
- Prepare data, information, and clear, concise variance explanations demonstrating a thorough understanding of the financial statements to corporate F&A leaders including but not limited to, external audits for annual property owners' association, SOX testing, and Board related materials.
- Effectively present information and respond to inquiries from various key stakeholders.
- Utilize effective relationship building skills with a broad range of business partners to gain trust, positively impact decision outcomes, and mitigate risk to the organization. Stakeholders include on-site leaders and associates, corporate and regional F&A executives, corporate and regional Resort Operations executives, internal and external auditors, corporate tax, corporate Accounting Shared Services Group, property owners' association Board of Directors, and third-party vendors.
- Provide financial expertise, analysis and insights that enable our stakeholders to make timely and informed business decisions, optimize business value, and manage financial risk.
- Champion, drive, and embed finance principles in the Business Unit and ensure its inclusion in the business planning process.
- Create a positive work environment with collaborative relationships that encourages others and celebrates successes.
- Provide hands-on, real time, financial analysis expertise to Resort Operations on-site leaders and other key stakeholders.
- Assist with training non-financial Resort Operations on-site leaders as appropriate in order to enhance business understanding.
- Perform reasonable requests as assigned.
- Adaptability - Determines how change impacts self and others; displays flexibility in adjusting priorities; and communicates both the reasons for change and how it impacts the workplace.
- Communication - Customizes approach to conveying complex information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner; appropriately interprets verbal and non-verbal behavior; and models active listening to ensure understanding.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Models and coaches others on breaking complex issues into manageable parts, identifying and evaluating alternatives and their implications before making decisions, and involving and gaining agreement from others when making key decisions.
- Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams - Leads and participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
- Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required
- Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements for self and/or others to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company's service standards
- Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
- Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of team assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management - Provides guidance and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
- Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen - Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach team, business, and administrative challenges.
- Economics and Accounting - Knowledge of P&L statements, operating budgets, forecasting and scheduling, and the reporting of financial data
- Auditing and Reconciliation - The ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data, and create flow charts on main accounting and control cycles (A/R, AP, Cash) to facilitate understanding of key control points.
- General Finance and Accounting - The ability to perform bookkeeping procedures, proficiently use financial systems technology, and accurately complete general ledger entries; knowledge of database structures in order to obtain financial queries; establish Cash flow statements and cash flow forecast with a good understanding the financials flows and the working capital needs.
- Analysis - The ability to create and maintain spreadsheets as well as analyze and summarize financial data using appropriate financial software.
- Accounting Knowledge - Knowledge of general accounting principles and current company accounting policies and procedures. This includes general accounting and financial reporting, auditing, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Accounting and Internal Control Knowledge - Knowledge of local Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (local GAAP), Marriott International Policies (MIP), and International Standard Operating Procedures (ISOPs).
- Legal - Ability to read and understand basic contract elements, e.g. royalty fees, management agreement, terms, priorities and profit distribution.
- Auditing Skills - The ability to perform auditing procedures, including the ability to recognize, research, and resolve discrepancies in financial data.
- Payroll Systems - Knowledge of local payroll reporting and tax requirements, ability to effectively record wages/tax liabilities, and operate payroll software applications, including understanding the features and functions of the applications.
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable - Knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable processes, including knowledge of sub ledger reconciliation and controls.
- Basic Competencies - Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
- Mathematical Reasoning - Demonstrates ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly, correctly, and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
- Oral Comprehension - Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Reading Comprehension - Demonstrates understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Writing - Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Posting ID: 595583347Posted: 2020-12-29