Academies of Math and Science
2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year
2018 Runner-Up Reader's Choice Awards: Best Place to Work
K-8 School Principal - Start Immediately
AMS South Mountain Campus - 1445 W. Baseline Rd., Phoenix, AZ, 85041
*This is not a remote position.
Compensation: $70,000 - $100,000 DOE.
Are you dedicated to influencing positive changes in at-risk communities by preparing students for college and a successful life and career? As part of the AMS family, your role as a dedicated Principal is to use your superb leadership skills to ensure that our new campus excels academically while also attending to the important details that running a competitive school requires. Our passion is serving low-income neighborhoods and providing a STEM-focused education in conjunction with music, foreign language, and sports programs.
Academies of Math and Science (AMS) is an academically advanced charter school network serving predominantly low-income and at-risk students, with a decade-long track record of being one of the highest performing K-8 charter schools in Arizona. Many students come to us performing 2 years below grade level and quickly achieve above grade level mastery at AMS. We are looking for principals with excellent leadership experience, and a high level of motivation and mission alignment.
As we open new schools and continue to grow by roughly 30% each year, we seek data-driven staff who are determined to uphold the academic excellence which made our flagship school in Tucson the 2016 Arizona Charter School of the Year. Our teachers use an advanced curriculum that has allowed our Title 1 scholars a level of academic achievement they may not have access to elsewhere. Our educators work in predominantly low-income areas of Arizona, where they may face the challenges of teaching students with a variety of educational needs.
We're looking for a dynamic leader who can unite and motivate teachers towards the goal of academic excellence. Our ideal principal will have experience with elementary education, ELL, instructional coaching; will set the example for work ethic on campus and have an inclusive but strong leadership style; and must be flexible, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator.
What our parents have to say about AMS:
“I am so happy that I found a school that will develop my children's character as well as their academics. I have children in the elementary and middle school, and both love the school and have excelled since attending.”
“They have high expectations for their students that encourages a higher level of thinking and pushes the sense of community in the school. Administration is very supportive and the family environment and family involvement at this campus are impressive. You immediately feel at home here at AMS.”
Qualifications & competencies:
- A bachelor's degree or higher
- At least 5 years of K-12 teaching experience and 2 year of experience as a K-12 school principal
- Experience in working with with ELL/Title 1 students
- Previous proven success in leadership roles at large schools with Title 1 populations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Data analysis experience and confidence utilizing and training data-driven instruction
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (preferably other MS Office programs as well)
- Dedication to going above & beyond for your students
- Commitment to helping at-risk students prepare for and succeed in college
Preferred: Graduate of a Top 20 University, Scored 95th + percentile in certification and aptitude tests, Bilingual in Spanish, Knowledge of instructional design and highly interactive or innovative instructional methods requiring active responses, Knowledge of superior field-tested programs and methods such as Direct Instruction, Success for All, Structured Cooperative Learning, Core Knowledge, Expeditionary learning, and the Morningside Generative Model of Instruction
Why work for us?
- Supportive, collaborative culture with talented, smart, incredible coworkers and leaders to learn from
- A high-paced and competitive environment that also supports members of the team and fosters a team environment
- We are one of Arizona's fastest growing charter networks and have continuous opportunities for promotion
- Competitive salaries and bonus pay
- Full benefits including medical, dental, vision, retirement (with employer contributions), PTO, and disability and life insurance
- Comprehensive training, follow-up coaching, PD, and professional learning communities
- The chance to truly make a difference in the lives of children who may not otherwise have access to a high-quality education
Interested in working with us?
Apply through the link below. Please include the following in PDF or Word format:
- A detailed resume describing your experience and data-supported accomplishments
- A cover letter showcasing your written communication skills and demonstrating your alignment with the AMS mission and competencies