Under the direction of the Facilities Services Manager, the Custodial Services Manager serves as a first-line supervisor in carrying out day-to-day operations for a customer client location in Springfield, VA. The Custodial Services Manager performs responsible supervisory work involving the assignment and direct supervision of 1 custodial lead and 25 custodial employees in maintaining the cleanliness and sanitation of buildings, offices, conference rooms, fitness centers, data centers, cafeterias, furnishings and equipment as well as building entrances, exterior walkways and multiple out buildings .
- Ensures compliance with corporate standards, contract requirements, and applicable regulatory codes to maintain a safe environment for building tenants.
- Coordinates and serves as the principle Facilities Management liaison for emergency and ad-hoc trouble calls.
- Supervises the Lead Custodian and custodial staff.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and recommends dismissal of staff as necessary.
- Responsible for training new employees in proper custodial procedures for the use of manually operated tools, electrically-powered machines, cleaning compounds, solvents and chemicals, etc.
- Identifies employee resources and expertise and utilizes employee experiences and skills to plan, schedule, assign and perform custodial and other support activities.
- Meets with staff at the beginning and end of the assigned shift.
- Conducts ongoing training and custodial inspections.
- Maintains an accurate record of shift attendance and ensures that employee time sheets are properly recorded including final approval.
- Works with leadership to coordinate essential support at special events, activities, banquets, department moves or changes, and/or other applicable events that effect the assigned staffing.
- Participates in identifying, recommending and implementing opportunities for improved custodial services.
- Requisitions services, supplies, equipment and materials to ensure efficient uninterrupted operations of custodial support services.
- Monitors and maintains inventories.
- Utilizes Computerized Maintenance System (SAP) for data recording, communication, tracking work orders, etc.
- Ensures that Service Requests are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and closed or referred according to department procedures.
- May be designated as "essential" personnel during site closures or special mission impacting events.
- May be called upon to lead and/or participate in program initiatives.
- Ability to push/pull/lift up to 35 pounds and climb ladders up to 8 feet in height.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must currently hold TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
- Minimum 2 years supervising employees
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of relevant experience.
- Relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Custodial or facilities operation and maintenance experience
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.