Job Posting Title Senior Cloud Security Architect (Sr Information Security Director)
Neustar is an information services and technology company and a leader in identity resolution providing the data and technology that enables trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar .
R-3149 Job Posting Title Senior Cloud Security Architect (Sr Information Security Director) (Open)
- Senior Cloud Security Architect (Sr Information Security Director)
- Job DescriptionJob Description
Senior Principal Information Security Architect
The Senior Principal Information Security Architect will be responsible for driving security architecture best practices and processes throughout the organization, balancing business priorities, information security risks, emerging threats, to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the company's networks, systems and applications.
The key requirements for this role include:
- Working with leadership to develop security standards, policies, and procedures
- Detailed understanding of cloud security and cloud infrastructure services
- Experience with the assessment, implementation, management and documentation of a broad set of information security technologies and processes (e. g., app security, data protection, access management, network security ) within a cloud environment
- Planning, design, implementation, and testing of security systems
- Partnering with Risk Assessment (RA), Data privacy and Governance, Product Engineering, Identity and Access Management (IDM), and CIRT teams to monitor and ensure compliance to standards, policies, and procedures
- Collaborating with Security Operations team to monitor the security environment, identify security gaps, and evaluate and implement enhancements
- Functioning as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing solution designs and technical consulting services to support compliance with all applicable requirements including internal policy, PCI-DSS, SOC II, state/federal/international data privacy laws, and NIST/CIS guidelines
- Developing and maintaining Information Security Reference Architecture diagrams
- A thorough understanding of the organization's technology and IT systems
- Experience with developing, reviewing, and approving the installation requirements for LANs, WANs, VPNs, routers, firewalls, and related security infrastructure and devices
- Researching and designing public key infrastructures, certification authorities, and digital signatures, and ensuring all personnel have IT access limited to their need and role in the organization
- Approvals of security system designs and updating and upgrading as needed
- Establishing disaster recovery procedures and conducting security breach drills
- Monitoring and guiding the security team, cultivating a sense of security awareness, and arranging for continuous education
- Remaining up-to-date with the latest security systems, standards, authentication protocols, and products
- Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
- Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
- Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
- Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
- Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
Additionally, this role will:
- Evaluate business strategies and requirements.
- Research information security technologies and standards.
- Conduct system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments.
- Study the company's architecture, platforms, and services identifying integration issues.
- Act in an advisory capacity for Software Development and Life Cycle (SDLC) development.
- Prepare cost estimates and plan project timelines for key security architecture initiatives.
Candidate will be conversant in, and demonstrate proven experience with; network architecture and protocols (LAN, WAN, VPN), access control devices (routers, firewalls, load balancers), IDS/IPS technology, micro-segmentation concepts, cloud architecture and security (AWS VPC and Security Groups), and cloud based services such as Software as a Service (SAAS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IAAS).
Candidate will be expected to enhance department and organizational reputation by accepting ownership of information security initiatives; update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participate in educational opportunities; read professional publications; maintain personal networks and participate in professional organizations.
Education and Certifications
- 4-year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- IT security (CISSP, CISM) and/or Cloud Security-related certifications (AWS, Google, Azure, etc.)
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 12 years of industry experience, and minimum 6-8 years of experience working on Information Security architecture
- Experience working with business owners and 3rd party vendors to implement appropriate security controls
- Institutional knowledge of Neustar's security infrastructure and networks is a plus
- Strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to parse requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex and dynamic environment
- Ability to interact with and present to top executive leaders
- Strong people management and leadership experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hands-on experience with
- Identity and Access Management solutions (Sailpoint, ForgeRock, CyberArk)
- Security Logging and Monitoring solutions (FireEye, Trend Micro, CrowdStrike, Splunk); and
- Security Vulnerability testing solutions (Nessus, AWS, Nexpose)
- Experience with security architecture frameworks in cloud based environments (AWS, Openstack, VMware) is strong preferred
- Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) best practices and guidelines.
- Experience as a hands-on technical practitioner/specialist in client facing roles in mid-size or large enterprises and demonstrated client facing consulting skills, including building strong client relationships
- Ability to design and implement reliable, scalable, high performing web based solutions that meet the service levels associated with mission-critical Identity and Access Management based solutions.
- Understanding of identity and IAM processes, technologies, standards and industry best practices
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.
Posted 28 Days Ago
Neustar is an information services and technology company and a leader in identity resolution providing the data and technology that enables trusted connections between companies and people at the moments that matter most. Neustar offers industry-leading solutions in Marketing, Risk, Communications, Security and Registry that responsibly connect data on people, devices and locations, continuously corroborated through billions of transactions. Neustar serves more than 8,000 clients worldwide, including 60 of the Fortune 100. Learn how your company can benefit from the power of trusted connections here: https://www.home.neustar .
Posting ID: 567250790Posted: 2020-08-09