The Talent and Onboarding Manager is responsible for managing and leading the recruitment and onboarding process, partnering with hiring managers and business unit leaders to ensure effective hiring and onboarding outcomes for Blitz. The role will report to the Head of Blitz and will partner in conjunction with the Corporate People Operations team on company-wide talent and recruitment initiatives as well as hiring compliance. This individual must effectively plan and prioritize tasks based upon workload, including the analysis of Blitz hiring demands, onboarding readiness and efficiency. You will be charged with engaging innovative techniques to effectively onboard a high-volume of candidates efficiently.
You will be responsible for reviewing, developing and managing processes associated with year round recruitment efforts that result in continuous improvement and efficiency. You will develop job advertising strategy and provide hiring and placement data, communicating with operations on strategy change when necessary.
What You'll Be Doing
- Partners and communicates regularly with all levels of Blitz management to ensure strategies are aligned with specific hiring requirements utilizing internal job posting and external recruitment advertising, etc.
- Recruiting and interviewing for a multitude of technical positions as well as executive positions for Blitz.gg
- Maintains the work structure by writing and updating job requirements and job descriptions for all Blitz positions
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state hiring regulations
- Manage timely HRIS system (Paylocity) entry of employee and job related data for Payroll
- Coordinates and communicates with management regarding staffing, policy & issues
- Effectively collaborate with hiring managers and ensure all projects are filled within contract compliance
- Lead team to deliver a positive and supportive candidate experience
- Responsible for the Onboarding process of new employees, including completing the documents verification and, preparation of new hire packet, by providing access to resources from an HR, payroll, and benefits perspective
- Continuously identify and implement ways to improve the onboarding experience by engaging with employees and bringing perspective on best practices in all areas operations.
- Works with hiring manager on developing a robust 30-60-90 onboarding agenda to ensure a successful onboarding while addressing business challenges within the Blitz organization
- Willing to perform multiple and varied responsibilities as required
- Degree in business administration, HR, or related field preferred
- 4+ years of full-cycle technical recruiting experience in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment required. There will be a strong focus on technical positions.
- A passion for building teams and delivering exceptional candidate experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Proven abilities to attract passive senior candidates and build a diverse pipelines
- Ability to think critically about processes, workflows, system set-up and communications
- Experience with ATS or HRIS systems, running and analyzing reports and utilizing excel to present metrics or data
- Strong comprehension skills for understanding needs and concerns and developing and applying solutions
- An avid gamer or great interest in online gaming or esports
What We Offer
- A company focused on growth and shared success
- Highly engaged senior management team of seasoned gaming professionals
- Fluid organization unencumbered by politics or bureaucracy with significant autonomy to get things done quickly and right
- A fast-paced but fun team of passionate people
- Cool projects and opportunities to jump ahead of the industry and optimize people initiatives around a great culture
- Excellent reputation with customers and industry
Swift Media Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
Posting ID: 584642613Posted: 2020-11-26