Motel 6 / Studio 6
About the role
Come join a company that has been growing rapidly and outperforming the market segment over the last 5 years. G6 Hospitality, which represents the Motel 6 and Studio 6 brand has initiated a system-wide renovation effort, invested in technology and has expanded globally. Specifically, within the Human Resources team we have recently made new investments in technology to better support our team members and put a greater focus on talent management, career pathing and development.
What you will be doing
Our General Managers are responsible for the overall operation of their property. Without the right GM in place, we cannot deliver a consistent quality and value to our guests. General Managers ensure the property maintains a safe, secure and hospitable environment for the guests, as well as each Team Member. When that occurs, we know that achieving the profit goals each GM is assigned can happen.
The "top six @6"
- People excellence - exhibits a heart for service with dedication to customer service and teamwork
- Guest excellence - leads by example to provide great guest experience
- Staffing, leadership and supervision - recruiting, hiring, training and retaining the very best team members that help deliver a consistent guest experience
- Team member relations - leads by example for team member interactions with each other; responds promptly to team member concerns
- Product excellence - Manages the standards for the property and meets compliance with company standards as well as governmental regulations
- Financial accountability - meets or exceeds targeted financial objectives for the property
What we are searching for
Our General Managers truly own the guest experience at their property. By building, and leading the team, the GM can ensure their property has a positive image and reputation within the community. In order to achieve financial goals, we feel the General Manager is or has these strengths:
- Able to exercise independent discretion and judgement
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate team members
- Very strong communication skills
- Must be able to work safely
- For Studio 6 property, the ability to be successful in driving sales is key
- Holds a high business / financial acumen
We feel the successful candidate has these qualifications and experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, with an Associate or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Computer efficiency with Windows, Outlook, MS Word and Excel
- Ability to travel and possesses a valid driver's license
- Able to meet the training requirements of the role
- 2 years of management experience, supervising a team of 5 or more
- Hospitality experience is preferred, retail leaders have also transitioned well to this role
What it's like at G6
At G6 Hospitality our Team Members......
- Explore a fulfilling career path full of possibilities
- Learn from the best and brightest people in the hospitality industry
- Connect with the community, employees and leadership
- Are authentic and are appreciated for who they are
- Smile and have someone smile back at them
What will you have room to do?
Posting ID: 586091302Posted: 2020-11-19