Seeking a Guest Experience Ambassador: Concierge needed
At Alamo Drafthouse, our passion is to ensure every GUEST has an AWESOME experience and is EXCITED to come back. Our concierge team differentiates us from our competitors by taking the lead to exceed our guests' expectations every time. The team acts as the information hub for our theaters; they are the first team members to greet our guests and keep them informed of the exciting events Alamo Drafthouse has to offer.
To be a member of our concierge team; you are focused on setting the stage for our guests by welcoming everyone who enters through our doors and wowing them with your dedication to provide exceptional customer service. A successful guest experience ambassador will exhibit a positive can-do personality that will not only impress a guest in person, it will translate seamlessly through phone conversations. Our concierge team members are cool under pressure and take ownership of ensuring a guest never leaves upset. While no two days are alike and we may get really busy; we are a group of people who promote teamwork, encourage a fun work environment, and share common goals of creating memorable experiences for our guests.
Picture yourself as a Concierge where you would have the opportunity to:
● Set the scene. You are the brand ambassador for Alamo Drafthouse and set the vibe for our guests' experience. No matter if it is a guest's first time visiting us or their 100th, you set them up to always have a great time!
● Help others. There may be a line of people waiting on you (some could even be upset) and the phone is ringing, but you are calm and collected under pressure. You are a skillful communicator and able to use those skills to cool off a heated situation to help our guests. Having a positive attitude, willingness to create great guest experiences, knowing the surrounding area, and ability to speak about events happening at the theater will be the greatest tools in your arsenal.
● Be accountable. You take pride in upholding high standards, being on time, and diplomatically enforcing our company/brand policies (which includes strict late/age policies). In addition to upholding high standards, you are great at managing a cash drawer and accounting for transactions entered in our point of sale system (POS).
● Show flexibility and ability to adapt. Information changes in the blink of an eye, but you are good with change. In fact, change is a spice of life for you. You have a passion to learn new information (including about our computer systems, movies, food and drinks) and share the knowledge. Your workspace may be in front of a bar and a guest may assume that you are a bartender. If you already have those skills, great! If not, basic beer/spirit knowledge goes a long way.
● Play the role of detective. With little information, you are able to assess a situation and resolve it. The concierge enjoys being the go-to person when a guest can't find their bartender/server/manager/spouse/child/parent. If a situation arises, you are prepared to take ownership of the problem and solves it (or involve the right people to help).
Our Winning Combination - Alamo Drafthouse offers:
● Competitive hourly pay (nonexempt position)
● Career Growth: Most of our supervisory and management roles are filled internally
● Benefits: 401(k) with employer matching contributions, medical, dental, and vision coverage available
● Time Away: Vacation, Honeymoon Paid Time Off, Medical Leave, Paid Family Bonding (new child) Leave, and Sabbatical Leave
● Perks: Employee-exclusive events, Free movies, Fun atmosphere, and more
Recipe for success:
● You are good on your feet with the ability to stand/walk for 100% of the shift
● You don't mind working long hours and frequently on the weekends
● Working with a team is easy and you can communicate written/orally in English
● You know how to stay productive during slow times. You are looking for ways to improve the experience even if it means sweeping the lobby floor or cleaning the windows
● You love the opportunity to interact with each and every guest
● Change is not a scary word to you. You thrive in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
● You know how to use a computer and have experience managing a money drawer
● You are at least 18 years of age
Cool if you have it (but not expected):
● You earned at least a High School Diploma/GED
● You know movies (even the hidden gems)
● You may not be an expert, but you know a little about beers, spirits, & wine
What are you waiting for? Apply today and become a member of the Alamo Drafthouse family.
To learn more about Alamo Drafthouse, visit: https://drafthouse.com
WORKING CONDITIONS: This job operates behind the box office/bar and may be working in close proximity to co-workers. The noise level in the work environment can be moderate to loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, and minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals. The work involves frequently standing; walking; using hands to finger, handle or feel; reaching with hands and arms; and some lifting up to 25 pounds. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
OTHER DUTIES: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Alamo Drafthouse is passionate and dedicated to ensuring our company's mission and core values, every day, 365 days a year. Part of that is by training to and enforcing Alamo Drafthouse's Code of Conduct with all staff and vendors.
Ensure every guest has an Awesome Experience and is excited to come back.
OUR CORE VALUES
Do the Right Thing
We strive to be a force for good and stand up for our beliefs in our company, in our industry, and in the world.
We apply our values inside and outside our four walls, creating neighborhood theaters that are deeply tied to the local community.
Give a Sh!t
We take pride in our work because we know it makes all the difference to our guests and teammates.
Like the crew of a certain Starship, we seek out new experiences and pursue innovation in all of our work.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ensures that all Guests have an AWESOME Experience, and are EXCITED to come back!
Maintains a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean and professional image.
Greets Guests upon entering and departing.
Answers telephone within three rings and answers questions or directs calls to the appropriate team member.
Efficiently manages guest lines; obtains server to meet Guests needs with pre-movie as needed.
Communicate Guest questions or concerns to Managers as appropriate.
Keeps foyer, wait area and cocktail tables clean and free of clutter.
Maintains the cleanliness and organization of the Ticket Counter. Checks for restocking of necessary supplies. Brings all areas up to standard. Discusses problem areas with manager.
Inspects restrooms every fifteen minutes and maintains cleanliness standards.
Sells admission tickets to Guests. Collects and examines tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color and date issued.
Provide assistance to Guests' with special needs, such as helping those with wheelchairs.
Direct patrons to restrooms, concession stands and telephones.
Work with others to change advertising displays.
Give door checks to Guests who are temporarily leaving establishments.
Manage informational kiosk and display of event signs and posters.
Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action that may be taken.
Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
Assists other Team Members as needed or when business needs dictate.
EDUCATION / EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma/GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to operate POS, make change and accurately conduct credit card transactions and account for all monies at the end of each shift.
Stands/walks 100% of shift.
Reaches, bends, stoops, and wipes frequently.
Ability to read and write English.
Ability to verbalize and clearly respond to Guests.
Ability to read and write handwritten notes.
WORKING CONDITIONS; Work is typically performed in the restaurant environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work involves a majority of sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, climbing and some lifting up to 50 lbs.
HAZARDS: Only those present in a normal restaurant setting; no known significant hazards. Work performed in the restaurant has minimal exposure to cleaning chemicals, cooking equipment along with minimal machinery with moving parts.