Universal Banker, New Bedford, MA - 2003960
The Specialist, Universal Banker supports Santander's retail banking division by serving our retail and small business clients. S/he is responsible for total customer satisfaction by meeting all the financial needs of a customer including product offerings, servicing, and through processing of routine teller/banking transactions. In addition, the Universal Banker recommends appropriate solutions to meet customer needs and provides excellent customer service including referrals to a specialist who can assist in meeting specific Banking needs
- As one of the primary customer contact positions in a Santander branch, assists in maintaining customer relationships by identifying and understanding his or her financial needs.
- Develops and deepens customer relationships by demonstrating ownership and resolving customer problems efficiently, and by turning servicing requests and routine transactions into sales opportunities.
- Ensures error free and accurate completion of all customer requests including: account openings, loan applications, servicing requests, and routine bank transactions.
- Follows compliance and security procedures, and balances cash drawer within balancing guidelines.
- Identifies the financial needs of the customer at the transaction window and the platform desk.
- Educates and engages customers in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs.
- Promotes and cross sells products and services based on customer need: effectively utilizing sales, customer profiling and customer service skills to make contributions toward individual and branch goals.
- When needed, and as dictated by branch volume, processes routine customer banking (teller) transactions.
- Associate's Degree; in business or equivalent field or equivalent work experience
- 0-3 year's customer service experience
- 0-3 years' experience in a sales/referral position or in a goal or incentive-based environment.
- At least 6 months cash handling experience
- Ability to generate new business by outbound calling, generating referrals, and by reaching out to the local community
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities with clear direction from supervision
- Attention to detail, problem solving, and the ability to be pro-active
- Effective in operating in a structured environment by independently following prescribed daily sales routines
- Knowledge of bank products & services
- Skilled in engaging customers/prospects in a sales conversation and optimizing sales opportunities
- Strong ability to comply with policies and procedures
- Strong computer knowledge and Windows skills required
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong sales skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Defines issues accurately and identifies the critical components
- Demonstrates the organizations customer service standards,
- Displays a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Proactively clarifies ones tasks and responsibilities
- Has basic understanding of organizations flagship products and services
- Can identify the risk return of products and services
- Maintains professional behavior at all times in representing the company
- Does all routine work accurately and on-time; is aware of own impact on others,
- Openly and proactively shares information
- Understands the central role the risk management function plays in the organization environment
- Learns to identify and flag items non-compliant with regulations
- Works effectively in team settings
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
: Relationship Management
: Massachusetts-New Bedford-585 Allen Street - 00136 - Rockdale - Branch
: Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
: Nov 19, 2020, 10:53:52 PM
Posting ID: 590032858Posted: 2020-11-30