Hotel Profitability--ensures attainment of the budget for all departments:
• Monitors compliance with staffing guidelines and budgeted payrolls by all departments.
• Monitors compliance with annually established room rate plan and applies principles of yield management.
• Establishes annual incentive programs for all department heads.
• Conducts staff meetings on weekly basis to ensure interdepartmental communication and coordination of mutual goals.
• Conducts audits on a quarterly basis of departmental procedures and results.
• Monitors Daily Rooms Inventory Control and merchandising procedures.
• Conducts quarterly rate surveys of competitive hotels/resorts and monitors program for competitive analysis and price-value assessment.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with amenity programs, company standards, and promotional materials.
• Develops annual operating budget.
• Monitors operating expense-tracking system for all departments.
Asset Management--ensures the attainment of a superior hotel property:
• Develops annual Capital budget.
• Ensures completion of all Capital items.
• Conducts daily inspections of guest rooms to ensure housekeeping is meeting/exceeding cleanliness standards.
• Conducts Bi-weekly property inspections and approves action plans to include timetable to resolve problems.
Accounting--ensures that the property complies with NHG Accounting Policies and Procedures.
Guest Satisfaction/Public Relations--promotes guest satisfaction in an effort to obtain repeat business of leisure and organizational markets:
• Evaluates all guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken by department heads.
• Monitors response letters/corrective action program on response cards.
• Plays active role in community through affiliation with various community organizations to promote and maintain positive image for the property.
• Assures compliance with established M.O.D. Program.
Sales and Marketing--monitors sales initiatives and activities in compliance with the established marketing plan.
• Assists Director of Sales in development of annual Marketing Plan.
• Reviews marketing plan quarterly with Director of Sales to ensure effectiveness and makes adjustments accordingly.
• Assists Director of Sales with marketing efforts.
• Conducts "Rap Sessions" with Director of Sales monthly.
• Ensures that the Director of Sales conducts "Rap Sessions" with all sales managers on a monthly basis.
• Monitors monthly compliance with the Sales Action Plan included in the property's Marketing Plan.
• Contacts P.I.C.s (Person-in-Charge of groups) in-house to promote good will and foster additional business, repeat bookings and referrals.
• Participates in a minimum of one off site sales trip quarterly to maintain favorable working relationships among prospective and current clients.
• Enhances the property's community image and stays abreast of competition, and new developments to maximize profitability.
• Ensures that required sales reports are submitted in a timely manner.
Human Resources/Training and Development--ensures associates are provided with necessary structure, motivation and training to satisfy their needs and achieve organizational goals:
• Ensures that all hiring and termination practices adhere to A and A Hotels' policies and procedures, state and federal laws and protects the company's "at will" employer status.
• Ensures adequate staffing levels are maintained, adhering to, labor to budget, percent to sales and approved staffing guidelines.
• Ensures compliance of all department heads with goal-oriented position descriptions and reviews goals with each individual.
• Ensures development and maintenance of position descriptions in each associate's personnel file (signed and dated by associate).
• Reviews with department heads any revisions/additions made to position descriptions.
• Monitors departmental adherence to Performance Standards.
• Conducts annual performance evaluations with all department heads. Ensures all department heads conduct annual performance evaluations with their associates. All performance evaluations will include a goal oriented action plan for the coming year.
• Encourages promotion from within and associate development through goal setting and associate training.
• Monitors compliance with the reservation-training program by attending monthly front office and reservation meetings to review and score shop call tapes and take action accordingly.
• Reviews departmental incentive programs (i.e. Sales, Reservation Shop Call, Rooms Revenue, Housekeeping, Associate of the Month) to ensure effectiveness.
• Coordinates with Corporate Director of Training and Development a minimum of five weeks of scheduled classes per year.
• Monitors HR compliance with formal orientation program. All associates will complete an orientation. All new hires will complete orientation within two weeks of hire date.
• Ensures new associates receive formal training by using the step-by-step training guides. Training guides will be signed, dated and placed in personnel file upon completion.
• All new associates will complete training evaluations within 30 days of hire date. The appropriate supervisor will correct training deficiencies.
• Supervisors will complete Educational Institute's Supervisory Skill Builders course. The Certified Hospitality Supervisor exam to receive the CHS designation is optional.
• Ensures property is in compliance with all Federal and State laws with regard to all personnel practices.
Personal Development--ensures continual efforts are made to increase management abilities and knowledge:
• Attends annually a minimum of one advanced management-training seminar.
• Attends corporate management sponsored events.
General--operates in compliance with Policies and Procedures Manual unless preempted by property or franchise level policies.
• Performs all other duties as required.
Physical Demands: Requires walking and standing to a significant degree, as individual must supervise all areas of the resort. Requires ability to move fingers and hands easily and quickly. Must have ability to communicate both orally and in writing to guests and resort staff. Requires ability to work flexible schedule to include weekends and holidays.
Environmental Conditions: Inside: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature changes. Inside 85% and Outside 15% inspecting grounds, monitoring cleanliness and maintenance.
Essential Skills: Requires familiarity with all departments. Must possess knowledge of interdepartmental relationships. Must possess management/supervisory knowledge, skills, and ability to handle/resolve guest complaints. Requires ability to communicate positively with guests and co-workers and to professionally represent the property. Requires a high degree of social skills and ability to perform work under pressure.
Educational/Vocational Preparation: Bachelor’s degree in Hotel/Restaurant management or business: however, ability gained through 5+ years previous management experience/on-the-job training may substitute for degree.
Posting ID: 52972914Posted: 2020-07-14