HSP Direct is looking for a highly motivated Data Engineer to join a growing team. This team member will play a vital role collaborating in a cross-functional team to create and enhance data ingestion pipelines and address big data challenges. The Senior Data Engineer will work closely with the CTO, data scientist and lead engineer on the following key tasks:
- Leverage strategic and analytical skills to understand and solve business centric questions.
- Provide Extraction, Transformation, and Load (ETL/ELT) experience coupled with enterprise search capabilities to solve Big Data challenges
- Partner with various teams to define and execute data transformation, processing and make data actionable for operational and analytics initiatives.
Required Qualifications / Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or a related technical field or equivalent experience with at least 5+ years in systems engineering or administration.
- Design and implement big data pipeline and ingestion into Azure through Azure Data Factory near real-time using Kafka, Event Hub or IoT Hub
- 3 years of experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, Hadoop
- 3 years of experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Java and/or Python.
- 3 years of experience with and managing data across relational SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, HDFS, Redis, and Elasticsearch.
- 2 years of experience working in a Linux environment.
- 2 years of experience working with and designing REST APIs.
- Experience in designing/developing platform components like caching, messaging, event processing, automation, transformation, and tooling frameworks.
- Experience developing data ingest workflows with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, Kafka Streams and/or other stream processing frameworks
- Experience transforming data in various formats, including JSON, XML, CSV, and zipped files.
- Experience with performance tuning of ETL jobs.
- Experience developing flexible ontologies to fit data from multiple sources and implementing database mappings / schemas.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with other team members.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience developing microservices to fit data cleansing, transformation and enrichment needs.
- Experience developing flexible data ingest and enrichment pipelines, to easily accommodate new and existing data sources.
- Experience with Azure cloud services: VNet, VM, Event Hubs, Data Factory, Stream Analytics, Synapse Analytics, Data Lake Storage, Databricks, Data Lake Analytics
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and extensive experience with Agile methodologies.
- Knowledge about security and best practices.
- Must have working knowledge of dimensional data modeling, star/snowflake schema, data structures, algorithms, and must be able to use tools to solve the problems at hand.
- Detailed oriented/self-motivated with the ability to learn and deploy new technology.
- Experience with Microservices architecture components, including Docker and Kubernetes (a plus).
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Azure DevOps, Git/Gitlab, Confluence, etc (a plus)
HSP Direct is a full-service, direct mail fundraising agency. Committed to delivering innovation, creativity, and performance, HSP Direct collaborates with its clients to help them achieve the fundraising results they demand. With deep expertise and a proven track record in copy writing, production, and analysis, HSP Direct conceptualizes, coordinates and executes fundraising programs that help their clients achieve their goals. Today, HSP Direct has more than 90 employees and mails more than 100 million fundraising appeals per year.
THE WASHINGTON POST NAMES HSP DIRECT A 2019 TOP WASHINGTON-AREA WORKPLACE
HSP Direct has been named one of The Washington Post’s 2019 Top Workplaces in the Washington, D.C. area. Asked about being selected, CEO Jamie Hogan said, “We strive to cultivate an engaging and rewarding work environment for our employees. To be acknowledged by our staff as a Top Workplace is a high honor for us.”
Here’s our feature on Top Workplaces: https://topworkplaces.com/publication/washington/hsp-direct/
• Health/dental/vision coverage
• 401(k) matching contribution
• Annual profit-sharing contribution
• Matching Gifts and Volunteer PTO
• Quarterly company-wide employee engagement activities
• Onsite fitness center
Posting ID: 601929485Posted: 2021-01-26