Prestigious, high-tech, customer focused private dermatology and medical spa office located in Skokie, IL and Northside of Chicago is looking to add a Full-time Medical Receptionist to own the daily operations of the front desk, reception area, and switchboard. Our ideal candidate possesses a cheerful, energetic, “can do” attitude, and enjoys interacting with people. We strive for excellent customer service and YOU are the first impression!
* Greeting patients; service with a smile!
* Answer incoming calls using a switchboard, forwarding to correct personnel
* Appointment coordinator for eight providers and estheticians
* Insurance verification
* Coding and inputting charges
* Checking in and out patients
* Collecting co-pays and payments
* Educating patients and selling cosmetic products
* Balancing out the day
* Scanning documents into the corresponding patient’s medical record
* Retrieving scanned documents
* Sort, distribute mail and electronic faxes
* Maintain and stock inventory at the front desk and waiting area
* Keeping the front desk and waiting areas tidy
* A minimum of two years working in a medical office, hospital, hospitality or other customer service industry
* Microsoft Office
* Exceptional customer service/people skills
* Must be able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds
* May be required to stand for long periods of the day
* NexTech or other electronic health record software experience
* Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
Scheduled hours vary but staff must be available from 7:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Friday and some Saturday mornings to be considered. This position will be 30-40 hours per week with benefits. Please visit us at skinmdchicago.com for more information about our practice.
When sending your resume:
* Please submit resume AND cover letter as a Word or PDF attachment.
* We will NOT open e-mails without an attachment.
* Please do not fax your resume or call regarding this position. E-mail is the best way to reach us.
* Please type Medical Receptionist in the subject of your e-mail.
* In your cover letter or body of your e-mail please include an instance when you personally were faced with a patient/customer issue and what was your course of action.
We look forward to hearing from you!