Pacific Coast ProducersLocation:
32 East Tokay St, Lodi, CA, 95241, United StatesBase Pay:
20.89 - 24.53 / HOUREmployee Type:
NoOur CompanyPacific Coast Producers
, one of the nation's top food production companies, is seeking to fill Seasonal Forklift Driver positions with qualified, capable individuals. These positions are based in a fast-pace, high volume production facility in Lodi, CA.
Pacific Coast Producers or "PCP" is an agricultural cooperative, and a food production company owned by California growers. We make healthy and flavorful products for families around the world to enjoy. Our Lodi facility maintains warehousing and production lines for packaging apricots and peaches for customer delivery and satisfaction. PCP requires motivated personnel to function properly. Applicants should have relevant forklift driving experience in a cannery or manufacturing environment.
These positions are part of a seniority based collective bargaining unit and require overtime work and flexibility to work any of 3 shifts as assigned 6-7 days per week during the processing season.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years of age.
- Available to work during the months of June through end of September.
- The Forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack, and count merchandise.
- The Operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform Order Filler and Checker duties.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations.
- Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas.
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
- Report quality variances.
- Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped.
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards.
- Efficiently move product from staging and/or storage areas into rail cars or trailers.
- Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift, or other power equipment.
- Use radio frequency equipment for picking, receiving, put away, and load functions, as required.
- Maintain the facility's equipment and materials in a neat, clean, and orderly fashion.
- Inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control and security are maintained.
- Assist in physical inventories.
- Ensure proper stock rotation.
Safety, Sanitation, Security:
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
- Comply with OSHA and MSDS Standards.
- Follow all plant safety policies and procedures to include Good Manufacturing Policies (GMP's).
- Other duties as assigned.
Come Work with Us!
- The forklift driver will primarily reside in warehouse environments with continual large truck, pedestrian and forklift traffic. Related activity is conducted in a loud/noisy environment with hearing protection required.
Join our legacy of talented people working together to provide the highest level of customer service. PCP employees can earn competitive pay, along with terrific benefit plans such as a defined-benefit pension plan provided to eligible employees.
Pacific Coast Producers offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants including females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.
Posting ID: 606424088Posted: 2021-02-21