is currently seeking a Senior Computer Vision and Machine Learning Scientist
for its Fairfax, VA
Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets contained within massive geospatial data sets? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by advances in machine learning and artificial intelligence? In an increasingly interconnected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open new opportunities for innovation. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to help deliver on national-level challenges. We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve Dewberry's advanced geospatial offerings. You'll work closely with a dedicated internal research and development (IRAD) team to help advance:
- Insights from massive data regimes across an emergency management customer domain to help drive actionable understanding that powers better decision making.
- New process improvements for how Dewberry geospatial production teams produce and deliver large scale/high quality geospatial data.
- Assist other Dewberry business units and their customers to better understand complex engineering and data challenges and then deliver best-fit analytical workflows or "GeoAI" solutions that leverage modern compute vision frameworks.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
You'll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn disparate geospatial data points into answers that propel Dewberry's business enterprise.
Help Dewberry empower innovation that compliments and extends our already award-winning Geospatial Technology & Services (GTS) team. Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years work experience with relevant AI, DL, and ML design and build experience
- Experience in the lifecycle of enterprise-class software development
- Expertise and experience in Machine Learning technologies
- Team leadership skills
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience conducting machine learning/statistical experiments and manipulating data sets
- Deep understanding and experience of machine learning, and deep learning theory, algorithms, approaches and practice, including probabilistic and statistical learning, graphical models, machine perception, machine comprehension, neural networks, deep learning, computer vision and other machine learning areas
- Hands on and strong programming experience in one or more of the leading AI, machine learning and deep learning open source libraries
- Strong proficiency with computer vision, natural language processing and deep learning
- Strong understanding of machine learning algorithms and principles
- Expertise and experience in using or developing AI and machine learning algorithms, such as supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning and others, to solve applied problems in various disciplines
- Experience developing, training, and evaluating deep-learning models using deep learning frameworks (e.g. PyTorch, TensorFlow, and Keras)
- Experience with open source vision packages
- Familiarity with CUDA and GPU computing
- Strong proficiency with Python, C/C++
- MA, MS or Ph.D. in a quantitative science: Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, or relevant program with major in AI, Machine Learning, or Computational Linguistics
- Experience with generating technical reports or presentation materials for both technical and non-technical audiences
Required Skills & Required Experience
Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record and ability to pass a driving record background check.
- Experience with integrating commercial software tools and APIs for custom application development
- Experience applying AI/ML approaches and workflows on large quantities of geospatial data sets to derive new insights at scale (i.e. Orthophotography, LIDAR)
- Experience with reading, digesting, and writing scientific papers
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Active security clearance a plus:
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.