To assist with the smooth flow of warehouse-related activities. Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks, including picking and packing product orders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Attend and participate in department meetings that cover food and workplace safety, product quality and productivity issues.
- Properly load a pallet make sure loads are stable and secure.
- Must achieve cost-effective standards for all warehouse activities.
- Practice good housekeeping skills i.e. clean up spills immediately or flag the area off, avoid blocking emergency exits and report any potential hazards to a supervisor.
- Follow all established safety rules and obey safety signs and tags.
- Properly operate forklift, pallet jack and other necessary powered equipment.
- Understand how to read and utilize pick tickets to pick, pack and load orders.
- Understand and perform all the appropriate HACCP plans assigned.
- Promptly report all needed repairs and ensure preventive maintenance is performed on your equipment.
- Perform necessary emergency replenishment for products that run below minimum levels to meet customer order demands from the daily order selection shift.
- Conduct stock search to locate products within the system
- Maintain a clean organized warehouse, dock and shipping office
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year experience in Seafood distribution and or production for distribution.
- Forklift and pallet jack experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
At Pacific Seafood, your base wage is only a portion of your overall compensation package. When you add in the additional benefits below to our competitive base wage you can increase your total compensation up to 25%.
- Health insurance benefits options, including medical, prescription, vision, dental, basic group life and short term disability.
- Flexible spending accounts for health flex and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) Retirement Plan options with generous annual company profit sharing match
- Paid time off for all regular FT team members, to include paid sick, vacation and personal time
- 6 paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program- Confidential professional counseling, financial, and legal assistance provided at no charge to Team Members and immediate family members
- Product purchase program
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer
For actual job listing please go to www.pacificseafood.com or https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/PAC1001/JobBoard/3d1f315c-b302-5e3c-ab32-f9b155cb2fba/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f959f9ca-dc73-4281-9906-7d9d268fa505
Posting ID: 576768165Posted: 2021-01-26