CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
The Team: The Merchandise Handler position is part of the American Girl Washington-DC (McLean) store retail team.Job Description
The American Girl Washington-DC (McLean) retail store is looking for a dynamic individual as Part-Time Merchandise Handler for our Back of House support, including unloading/loading in- and outbound trailers, maintaining stock levels on the sales floor, organizing back of house areas for peak efficiency, and ensuring adequate supplies are on-hand.
What Your Impact Will Be:
• Process incoming stock shipments in a safe and orderly fashion. Maintain stockroom standards for merchandise placement, cleanliness and safety.
• Pack up and load trailer with returning merchandise (returns, rework and doll hospital).
• Maintain stock on the retail sales floor, including special requests from retail partners. Monitor stock levels on an on-going basis and fill in as necessary adhering to visual standards.
• Assist in the general execution of the retail business, including floor moves, equipment maintenance, and working with other store personnel to provide a safe environment for both customers and employees. Perform special projects as requested.
• Demonstrates flexibility in prioritizing tasks to meet the needs of the business.
What We’re Looking For:
• 6 months to 1 year of experience in retail or service industry, either in material handling, shipping, receiving, retail or warehouse stock handling, preferred.
• Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
• Must be friendly, approachable, and willing to offer assistance to a guest in a respectful manner, especially children.
• Must be available to work open and close shifts, weekends, and holidays.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
What It’s Like to Work Here:
American Girl is subsidiary of Mattel, a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
Who We Are:
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (NASDAQ:MAT, www.mattel.com), a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Visit us at https://jobs.mattel.com/ and www.instagram.com/MattelCareers.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.