ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM's comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes - from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
High School or GED
Job Type/ FLSA Status
Cleaning and maintaining of buildings/facilities. Performs heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing trash. Duties may include, notifying management of need for repairs.
Specific Duties/Essential Job Functions: (Other duties may be assigned)
• Communicate effectively with employees, colleagues as well as clients to ensure fulfillment of performance and quality requirements.
• Maintain positive relationship with client representatives.
• Coordination and communication with site cleaners,
• Assisting in day to day operations (to include cleaning) as necessary.
• Plans, assigns, and directs work; appraising performance;
• Ensures and complies with all safety requirements
• Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibilities to the person; gives authority to work independently; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities. Provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinate's skills, and encourages growth.
• Able to perform all duties expected of employees and other duties as required by manager or according to site demands.
Front-Line employees on designated account and shift.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual may be required to stand and walk for the majority of the work shift.
Individual may be required to lift, carry, push and/or pull 50 pounds or more for the majority of the work shift.
(The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The work environment has a moderate to heavy noise level.
The work environment is both inside and outside of the airport terminal. As such, the individual will be exposed to all weather conditions.
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements described herein are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.)
Ability to communicate effectively in the English language.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and procedure manuals, and handbooks.
Ability to effectively present information, including in written form, and respond to questions from passengers, managers, clients, customers and the general public.
Must also possess and utilize effective listening skills.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
Basic understanding of computer software programs, including Microsoft Office.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
General Company Requirements:
• Employee must comply with the Company's management grooming standards and must wear his or her SIDA badge/Airport ID at all times.
• Employee must comply with and enforce all guidelines and policies set forth in the Air Serv Corporation Employee Handbook. These policies include, but are not limited to, the Company's Zero Tolerance Discrimination and Harassment Policy, Retaliation Policy, Ethics Policy, and Security Policy. Employee must also comply with regulatory agency requirements, including, but not limited to, the ADA, ACAA, DOT, TSA, FAA, and Federal, State, and Local authorities.
High school diploma or GED required. College degree or equivalent work experience preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in janitorial and/or facilities maintenance preferred but not required.
• Proven experience in operations/supervision REQUIRED.
• Ability to work independently and efficiently without daily supervision.
• Ability to maintain flexible work schedule, which can include evenings and weekends.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Customer-oriented skills and experience are a must.
• Maintain a can-do and hands-on work ethic.
• Previous management experience preferred.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must submit to and pass a drug screen.
Must meet all requirements to receive required airport SIDA badge and Customs Seal (if applicable), including successful completion of a background check and ten-year work history.
This job description is subject to change at any time at the discretion of management.
Must work schedule as assigned.
Dulles, VA 20166 US (Primary)
ABM is an EOE (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)
California Consumers Notice http://www.abm.com/californiaprivacy