Guidehouse is a leading management consulting firm serving the public and commercial markets. We guide our clients forward towards new futures that build trust in society and your professional skills along the journey. Join us at Guidehouse.Responsibilities
- Manage project streams and outputs to deliver open source research, analysis, intelligence, and solutions to our clients
- Use established data science and analysis processes to rapidly parse through big data and identify relevant insights
- Innovation & Creative Problem Solving: Have a significant technology-first problem solving mindset. Actively participate in designing and building new methodologies, tools, technologies, and solutions for ambiguous and hard-to-define problem sets that require multidisciplinary thinking, technical development, and creative solutioning.
- Data Collection: Identify and leverage open source and commercial data sources. Lead the development of data collection strategies; help identify relevant data sets and design consolidation pipelines.
- Data Analysis: Apply a methodical and logical approach to analyze diverse data using a variety of tools and technologies, including NLP and machine learning tools. Be comfortable (and excited by) experimenting with new technologies and technical approaches. Use programming languages to perform sophisticated quantitative and qualitative analysis and visualization.
- Data Interpretation: Translate analytic findings into actionable outcomes for our clients. Communicate complex concepts with clarity for a wide range of clients. Lead the shaping and development of reports and other deliverables that place quantitative and qualitative findings in strategic context and provide recommendations based on insight, direction and guidance identified in the research completed.
- Project Management: Develop project work streams and effectively manage project delivery on time and within budget. Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously, with the ability to deliver high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Communication: Communicate well in-person and in writing. Craft compelling communications for our clients, future business prospects, and internally.
- Collaboration: Drive collaboration internally to develop new technical approaches, methodologies, and tools to tackle common open source data issues. Work as part of a cross-functional team.
- Business Development: Lead and develop business opportunities and develop client relationships. Participate in the coordination and composition of business development requirements, including crafting responses to requests for information and proposals, identifying and organizing past performance qualifications, and participating in general BD opportunity shaping activities.
Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- At least three years of relevant experience conducting open sources analysis, intelligence gathering, traditional/social media monitoring, or investigations
- Previous experience working as a data scientist/analyst (i.e., not just a user of commercial tools, but experience in also building news tools/technical capabilities). At least two years of hands-on experience in analyzing large data sets.
- Strong proficiency of technical skills related to data analysis
- Programming languages (e.g., R, Python, SQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Data visualization (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, DASH, Gephi, i2 ANB, etc.)
- Experience using technologies/tools such as:
- Traditional media and social media monitoring tools - Meltwater, BrandWatch, BuzzSumo, Crimson Hexagon, Factiva, Sysomos, NetBase, NUVI, Lexis Nexis, Cision, Critical Mention, Storyful, etc.
- Open source intelligence (OSINT) tools - Maltego, Babel Street, Geospark, Dataminr, Sayari, etc.
- Business intelligence tools - Lexis Nexis, Dun & Bradstreet, Dow Jones, Bloomberg, Credit Risk Monitor, etc.
- Experience building and leveraging business resources and processes to accomplish complex tasks, such as developing new tools, pipelines, and methodologies
- Innate curiosity that drives an interest in how to use technology/tools and data to solve problems and innovate
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Personal and professional integrity to strictly adhere to restrictions and necessary discretion
Skills and Experience desired:
- Master's Degree in a related field
- Active USG clearance preferred (Secret or above)
- Foreign language fluency (Arabic, Chinese, Farsi/Persian, Russian, Spanish preferred)
- Previous experience collecting and analyzing information from the darknet and/or monitoring illicit sites
- Previous experience overseeing the work of others
- Previous intelligence analysis training/experience from US Government or commercial firm or OSINT related certifications
The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.Disclaimer
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive