Retail Store ManagerLocation:
Leesburg, VA Reports To:
District Sales ManagerJob Summary:
Want to work with a product you love? Yankee Candle is seeking individuals who are passionate about home dcor and fragrance. We characterize our team as a band of energetic, innovative, and avid retail and brand enthusiasts who care deeply about their work, work hard to get the best possible results, and value our people and their development.
The Retail Store Manager will be responsible for the management and leadership of an assigned Yankee Candle Store. This includes overseeing a staff of 4-10+ employees (depending on store volume) to achieve sales, organization, guest engagement, and profitability goals.
The successful candidate will be a proven leader with the ability to effectively communicate and execute business objectives, aligning their team to drive for results. Key Responsibilities:
- Drive store sales and profitability plan to meet or exceed sales revenue to budget.
- Maintain current knowledge of merchandise, store policy, and company information in order to provide high quality and informed guest service.
- Ensure adequate staffing through consistent recruiting and networking efforts, including hiring, training, and developing a sales-orientated team.
- Ensure that total presentation and display of merchandise is impactful and customer focused, and that company standards are being followed including plan-o-grams, marketing/signage, and sales promotions.
- Handle all human resource-related issues including completing performance appraisals, addressing employee concerns, praising/rewarding, and disciplining as necessary.
- Control expenses through the proper use of the labor model, proper scheduling, managing inventory, and monitoring controllable expenses that impact the store's bottom line profit.
- Maintain store facilities to ensure safety and security for all guests and staff, identifying and resolving issues that may arise.
- Prepare cash reports and merchandise orders, using a computer to process information and transactions.
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience.
- Strong customer service skills with the ability to sell products, providing superior guest service and engagement.
- Previous experience in a specialty retail sales environment with increasing levels of responsibility, and strong business acumen in general retail practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train others in a retail setting, utilizing effective communication, interpersonal, and related skills.
- Ability to use a computer terminal to process information and transactions required.
- Flexibility in work schedule including the ability to work extended hours, weekends, and holidays as operational need may require.
- 3+ years supervisory/management experience in a retail sales environment or similar fast paced, guest service environment preferred.
- Ability to travel and work shifts in other stores in the district as necessary is desired.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.