Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is now seeking a SR Specialist, Digital Product Management to join our team at the Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way location in Parsippany, New Jersey.
The Sr. Specialist, Digital Product Management is responsible for executing and contributing to the strategy and operationalizing the product roadmap for Wyndham Hotels & Resorts 20+ brands to improve our digital value proposition for the guest, before, during and beyond the booking. This hands-on team member will partner with key stakeholders and help deliver the entire life cycle of direct customer and property touchpoints across our digital channels; organize and align enhancements and defect fixes, ensuring all business requirements are accurately captured, traceable, tested and deployed. Key driver in on property digital rollouts. Additionally, this role will help build brand affinity via purposeful innovation/rationale experimentation, with the ultimate goal of driving incremental revenue and loyalty, enhancing the guest experience and/or improving hotel operations.
This role partners closely with members of the Digital Product Team, UX & Design Teams, Digital Copy, Digital Operations, Analytics, Brand Operations, Brand Marketing, Loyalty, and I.T., CRM as well as external agency partners.
The position reports to the VP, Global Digital Products and has no direct reports.
Partner with Sr. Director, Digital Product Management, Marketing Technology, other Product Managers, and external technology partners to execute on the product / project life-cycle for various enhancements from ideation to launch; includes requirements definition, cross-functional alignment, scrum participation, user acceptance testing, triage/prioritization of defects, and launch.
Key areas of focus across web and app include:
• Loyalty experience (i.e. Enrollment, Authentication, Account,
My Activity, Profile, Redeem, etc.)
• Partner integration/expansion
• CRM & Personalization treatment enablement + expansion
• Globalization product development
• Marketing & Brand Experiences and components (incl. Home, Deals, Locations, Meetings, etc.)
Operationalize on-property digital rollouts for mobile and new and emerging technologies. Nurture strong relationships both at the Corporate and Property level, while incorporating customer and marketing insights, competitive research and system capabilities, into a virtuous cycle that delivers digital features enhancing the on-property guest experience (i.e. Mobile Check-In, Mobile Check-Out, Choose Your Room, Digital Key, Digital Folio, etc.). Act as the customer advocate in order to understand their needs and translate those needs into new product features. Build and execute rollout plans ensuring scale and speed to market.
Partner with Training, Operations, Communications and Marketing teams to develop product marketing plans and training modules/guides that help maximize adoption and usage
• BA/BS in Computer Science or Business required
• 2+ years of product management experience OR a combination of hotel operations experience in a technical capacity AND relevant product management experience and/or retail experience managing digital-to-physical guest experiences
• 2+ years of experience in working with functional or technical teams
• 2+ years of experience with software testing and Quality Assurance
• 2+ years working in Agile software development working practices
• 1+ years of experience with third party integrations and management of technology vendors
• Understanding of web and mobile technologies and the innate curiosity and desire to learn more
• Experience with Content Management Systems such as Adobe Experience Manager a plus
• Must be able to speak and write in English fluently
• Must be results-driven, proactive, and bias toward action to ensure delivery
• Possesses the ability to view experiences from a customer perspective and make recommendations/callouts for optimization
• Keen prioritization/adaptation skills; Ability to shift focus as business needs dictate
• Relationship/people skills; Ability to establish, strengthen and nurture productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
• Passion for bridging the digital to physical experience to drive revenue and engagement
• Passion for travel
• Experience in testing and supporting web and mobile applications with a mobile-first mindset
• Extremely detail-oriented, possessing the ability to think outside of the box
• Proficiency in authoring Status Reports, Release Notes and Business Requirements Documentation
• Expertise in JIRA and related project management tools
• Knowledge of and experience in working with APIs
• Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager or other CMS
• Knowledge of fundamental principles of information architecture and globalization
• Familiarity with Accessibility standards a plus
• Ability to work with remote and third party teams
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands-delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: Parsippany - 22 Sylvan Way, 22 Sylvan Way, Parsippany, New Jersey 07054
Employment Status: Full-time