Summary: To safely drive full-sized tractor trailer truck (up to 57') van and refrigerated trailers; transport groceries and related material to and from specified destinations, such as Harris Teeter Distribution Centers, Harris Teeter stores, and local vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Verify load and inspects both tractor and trailer prior to departure from distribution center in accordance with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations, completing a Driver Vehicle Inspection Report indicating truck condition.
- Drive truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and roads in area.
- Verify load against load sheet and trip sheet documents at specified destination: check pallet count and obtain receipt signature from store.
- Maintain telephone contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions and inform supervisor of any mechanical problems or any delays at the stores or on the road for any reason.
- Perform emergency roadside repairs, such as installing light bulbs and fuses.
- Inform supervisor on duty of any returned merchandise from stores.
- Refuel all tractors and Thermo-King units when directed to do so.
- Maintain driver log and abide by all D.O.T. regulations.
- Load or unload truck or work in warehouse as needed.
- Follow company's attendance policy by coming to work on time and when scheduled.
- Follow company's safety policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned or required.
Posting ID: 571297498Posted: 2020-09-03