7132 - Dulles - 45210 Towlern Pl, Sterling, Virginia, 20166
CarMax, the way your career should be! General Summary:
At CarMax, all new managers complete a structured training program to ensure they are fully prepared to succeed in their new role. The Cosmetic Manager in Training is a temporary role designed to give a newly hired external manager the tools they need to assume the role of Cosmetic Manager. All Cosmetic Managers in Training must successfully complete the training program before taking on the role of Cosmetic Manager. Training includes learning the following Cosmetic Manager principle duties and responsibilities:
- Ensures that all positions are properly staffed at all times
- Ensures that the cosmetic repairs specified result in finished vehicles that meet CarMax cosmetic quality standards
- Achieves daily and weekly production targets in each cosmetic work zone (Paint and Detail)
- Partners with other functional areas and managers as needed to collaborate on questions of vehicle quality and potential kicks
- Participates and ensure compliance of all CarMax Training and Process initiatives
- Performs all Asset Protection and EH&S responsibilities expected in the role
- Ensures positive associate engagement through consistent use of the Associate Care and Communication (AC&C) tools, such as round tables, one-on-ones, and Compass Engagement Meetings.
- Manages associate at the individual levelby using Managing to the Individual (MTI) and through the consistent use of the performance management tools to include performing consistent feedback, observations, file reviews, IDPS, APRs, and performance management
- Drives team and store performance in meeting or exceeding all department metric goals
- Continually develops functional knowledge
Work requires ability to:
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Complete CarMax provided training in all areas of the production process
- Multi-task in a high energy, fast-paced work environment
- Must possess a valid driver's license that meets the CarMax Driver Safety Points Evaluation System criteria, as explained in the CarMax Driver Safety Policy.
- Speak, listen, and write effectively in dealing with customers and associates across departments
- 1 Year of experience as a Manager or Cosmetic Technician preferred
- Basic computer skills
Disclaimer and Approvals:
- May require walking or standing for an extended period of time
- Combination of both indoor and outdoor environment, including working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions
- Rotating schedule with shifts that will include nights, weekends, holidays, and 12-hour days
- Occasional travel for meetings, training, and special assignments
- Adheres to all CarMax Policies, including but not limited to, Asset Protection, EH&S, and Standards of Professional Appearance
This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. This information is current at the time of publication. Responsibilities may include other duties as assigned and may be amended at the discretion of CarMax with or without notice. This document has been reviewed and approved by management and Human Resources and cannot be modified without written consent by a member of management authorized to modify any such responsibilities.
CarMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with federal and state laws which forbid discrimination because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability and other protected characteristics. Employment at CarMax is at-will, and therefore, can be terminated, with or without cause, at any time, at the option of the associate or CarMax.
This at-will employment relationship will remain in effect throughout an associate's employment with CarMax unless it is modified by a specific, express written employment contract that is signed by an officer of CarMax and the associate. This at-will employment relationship may not be modified by any oral or implied agreement. Specifically, this job description is not a contract of employment and does not create any contractual rights of any kind between the Company and its Associates.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.