Position: Project Manager - Construction Services
Location: Rockville, MD
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with Apex.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, Apex Companies is one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
This position will be based in our Rockville MD office however, will cover projects in the MD/DC/NoVA market. While responsibilities of the Project Manager will vary day to day, in general you will often:
- Manage portfolio of projects with aggregate contract value between $2M-$4M+ consisting of a specialized industry related to installation/removal, maintenance, repair and inspection services of underground/aboveground storage tanks systems.
- Opportunity to engage in other construction projects associated with stormwater design/construction, remediation systems/projects, fuel cell installation and other construction projects.
- Experienced in construction estimating, w/ emphasis on UST and AST activities (strongly preferred)
- Ensure safe performance of project work and promote safe work culture.
- Responsible for management of Jr Team Members and field crews.
- Oversee financial responsibilities associated managed projects which includes bids/proposals, cost estimates, project reviews and, invoicing monthly project reconciliations.
- Work with Contracts & Procurement Manager to streamline contracts, assure work to be completed, limit exposure and protect overall interests.
- Ability to share resources and work with other internal offices in order to expand and grow construction services.
- Hire and manage subcontractors.
Why you'll love working with us:
- Company-subsidized medical and dental
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more
- Paid time off
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry
- 900+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US
What we're looking for:
- BA/BS in Construction Management, Environmental Science, Engineering or other related field.
- 2-5+ years of experience with underground and aboveground storage tanks projects
- 5+ years of varied technical experience construction, environmental, and stormwater
- Knowledge of MD/DC/NoVA construction market including commercial, municipal, state and Federal clients.
- Track record of exceptional client engagement, management and business development experience.
- Structure, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to manage, motive and drive project schedules to maximize efficiency and burn project backlog.
- Experienced with construction estimating.
- Experience with technical oversight, and project management.
- Ability to engage, mentor, train and manage direct reports.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Business minded and good understanding of project financials.
- Ability to understand client needs and business objectives.
- Excellent safety record and understanding of safe work practices.
Interested? To apply, simply TEXT APEX to 25000 and our virtual assistant Olivia will get you connected with our hiring team.
Apex Companies, LLC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO ALL RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: Apex Companies does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes for any of our job postings, to our careers sites, or to any employees of Apex Companies or affiliates. Apex Companies is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Posting ID: 583436201Posted: 2021-01-26