AutoNation Honda Dulles Position Overview
Manage, write, and track all Reconditioning, PDI, and Inventory Recall's. Responsible for communication, work allocation, supervision and training of a team of (or individual) Technicians and Porters to ensure efficient and productive team performance and a compliant reconditioning process.
The incumbent is responsible for efficient and timely processing of used vehicle reconditioning, PDI's, and recall completion for all New / Used vehicles. Supporting and achieving the AutoNation four day turn around target. The RPR goals are to produce:
Who Would I Interact With?
- Increased Used Vehicle Gross and average monthly sales, by providing high quality, front line ready vehicles ready to be placed on-line.
- Increased Customer Care Internal Gross managing the Recall, Reconditioning and PDI process.
Interacts with Market CCD, Service Team Leaders, Service Technicians, Service Warranty Administrators, Parts Department Associates, Collision Department Associates and other company and non-company stores. Reports directly to the General Manager with dotted line reporting to Service Director / Manager. What are the day-to-day responsibilities?
What are the requirements for this job
- Responsible for all internal repair orders written for PDI, CPO, New / Used Required Recalls and reconditioning service for all used vehicles.
- Participate in service and sales team meetings to provide updates on prior day performance.
- In conjunction with Service Director/ Manager the incumbent will maintain a schedule of Reconditioning / PDI Service Technician and Porter absences for training, vacation or personal reasons to assure a proper staffing to meet work demands.
- Identify all store inventory with open recalls, schedule and complete when parts are available.
- Liaise with parts / service team for timely recall completion. For non-brand products, the incumbent will liaise with other company stores selling the brand or non-company stores for recall completion.
- Conduct a walk around inspection with Used Car Manager of all store owned vehicles prior to recon to identify the type of Inspection / Certification which shall be performed and what is required to bring vehicle up to the AutoNation Appearance Standards. .
- Create a comprehensive estimate based on their inspection and technician findings. The estimate must include contains specific work required, total cost and timing prior to work being performed.
- Communicate via RPR Compass (when available) to get approval for additional work when needed.
- All repairs shall be on single repair order and closed by next business day of work completion.
- Manage all Reconditioning within Customer Care Compass RPR system, utilizing all functions which will maintain a status of all vehicles.
- Insure best parts options and correct price is used for all recon work. Insure the correct labor time and sale amount are used based on an approved labor time guide.
- Insure each CPO criteria is fulfilled, consistent with OEM and AN Standards.
- Manage the Reconditioning Vendor relationships, to improve quality, cycle time and accurate timely invoices.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's Vision, Mission, and Values in all interactions with customer, co-workers and suppliers.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety standards.
- Must meet company's requirements for employment.
- Valid in-state driver's license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record.
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles.
- Professional appearance.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Previous industry knowledge preferred.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information.
- Production related experience preferred.
- ASE certification preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. Incumbents may be requested to perform job related tasks other than those specifically presented.AutoNation is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
- Exposure to inclement weather.
- Ability to operate an automobile.
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending.
Posting ID: 582986393Posted: 2020-10-29