Job Summary: The Sr. Director of Regional Medical Affairs position is for an experienced and highly motivated medical colleague with a neuroscience specialty background. This medical professional must have demonstrated dedicated care, treatment concerns and actions for patients with neurologic disorders (to include epilepsy, migraines, ADHD, ASD, PD, etc.). A significant priority will be placed on the appropriate pre and peri-launch activities for SPN-812. Additionally, the Sr. Dir.of Regional Medical Affairs (MA) must have experience in building regional manager medical (RMM) teams, the generation and dissemination of medical data and real world evidence for these special CNS patient populations to both internal and external Healthcare Providers/Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and Healthcare Decision Makers (HCDs).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage, direct and build the Regional Medical Managers (RMMs) team function of the Medical Affairs Department.
- Lead for Oxtellar XR PRC and PTL responsibilities.
- Corporate Accounts Interface and Lead – emphasis on SPN-812; will include all products.
- Assist the Medical Affairs Department in home office program(s) development which support field. operations/implementation. Emphasis will be placed on products to be launched to treat ADHD, new/pipeline products and currently marketed products in epilepsy, migraine, PD and depression. Continuous review and discussion of Investigator Initiated Trials (IITs) with KOLs is encouraged.
- Active and continuous cross functional interaction with the Medical and Commercial Teams to include Clinical Research, Clinical Operations, Marketing, Sales, Corporate Accounts, Regulatory, New Business Development, Legal, HR and all other departments.
- .KOL development both nationally and regionally; a scientific bridge for Professional Societies/Congresses, Managed Care/Managed Markets Organizations and Academia/Universities.
- Significant input into MA strategic and tactical development plans by the RMM function to include market analyses, publications, and KOL development for all Supernus products/therapeutic areas. High priority and emphasis will be placed on the pre-launch and peri-launch of SPN-812 for the treatment of ADHD.
- Day to day supervision and management of RMMs and pertinent MA projects/departments both direct and indirect; focus on SPN-812 launch.
- Primary Medical Affairs interface with medical associations/organizations, advisory boards and corporate account organizations.
- Establish, develop, and maintain excellent working relationships and positive impact with national/regional KOLs.
- Internal expert on clinical and medical information for relevant neuroscience specialty areas (e.g. ADHD, epilepsy, migraines, ASD; PD, depression).
- Liaise and direct business consultants wherever needed to increase the visibility, effectiveness, and medical business impact of Regional Medical Affairs.
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- MD, Pharm.D, PhD or other NS degree with experience (Pharm.D or MD with specialty in neuroscience or internal medicine); strong science & business acumen/experience; highly motivated
- Commercial/market experience with product launches, promotional materials review, clinical development and HEOR
- Preference of 10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience; home office experience highly desired ; ability to travel
- Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written
- A “Can do” attitude, strong business acumen and excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build and manage strong field based teams
- Flexible and reliable with eagerness to interact in a cross functional business matrixed team
- Significant managed care/managed markets interaction experience: a focus on quality patient care and patient oriented outcomes research
- Relevant experience or significant interest in neuroscience specialty areas (preferably ADHD, epilepsy, migraines, ASD, other neuroscience/ psychiatric diseases); sound foundation and experience in science with business acumen; strong willingness to strategically contribute and learn
- Flexibility to handle both national and regional travel
- Eligibility to work in the United States and ex-US where/when applicable
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or carrying objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer screen, iPad, or other electronic device; and extensive reading
- The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions
Supernus Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting ID: 596449312Posted: 2021-01-23