FAM Construction, LLC is a joint venture between Ferrovial Agroman and Allan Myers. Ferrovial has been active in the North American transportation industry since 1999. Ferrovial's experience includes some of the largest, most complex transportation projects in the United States. Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic.
Together they have been awarded the Transform I-66 Outside the Beltway project, this project involves multi-modal improvements to 22.5 miles of I-66 corridor from I-495 in Fairfax County to University Boulevard in Prince William County. The project features two express lanes alongside three regular lanes in each direction, with space in the median for future transit; corridor-wide bike and pedestrian improvements; and safety and operational improvements at key interchanges throughout the corridor.
The Electrical Engineer will have experience with lighting and electrical ITS designs for heavy civil jobs or DOT contracts. Experience with highway and toll projects.
- Incorporate in the construction documents, sign and seal all changes coming from other departments.
- Complete record documents and compile as-built drawings.
- Coordinate with the Utilities, Quality, subcontractors and the construction teams to ensure that the changes are feasible
- Review, analyze all optimization proposals from the construction team
- Review change orders
- Review / Close out all Requests for Information (RFI's) from all the Stakeholders and the construction teams
- Review / Close out all Requests for Approvals (RFA's) from the procurement and construction team
- Review and verify bill of quantities and perform take offs.
- Perform Voltage Drop calculations as needed to accommodate design changes.
- Issue and coordinate Load Letters with Electrical Companies.
- Attend weekly coordination & construction meetings with other departments, the Concessionaire and the Administration to provide status updates and discuss the changes.
- Work with the procurement team to ensure compliance with financial parameters.
- Overseeing the construction and provide comments to the sub-contractors electrical, lighting & ITS shop drawings
- Visit project site at appropriate intervals and complete observation reports.
- Professional Engineer License in Virginia is required
- 5-7 years of experience designing lighting and ITS designs for VDOT, including but not limited to electrical design
- 5-7 years of experience in civil infrastructure design related to traffic control devices and lighting. - Proficiency with Microsoft Office, MicroStation and AGI32
Perks & Benefits:
- Start-up culture;
- Competitive compensation packages;
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage that starts on day one;
- Focus on diversity;
- Extensive training and development opportunities; and
- Opportunities to transfer to other projects around the US and abroad.
FAM Construction, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Posting ID: 595009152Posted: 2021-01-28