Job Description (describe the day-to-day):
The Contractor shall be responsible for creating and maintaining technical design documentation, to include robust network engineering designs and templates that support network communications, designing and integrating Local Network (LAN) and security solutions. The contractor shall build and maintain the network infrastructure (hardware/software, routers, switches, firewall appliances, applications, etc.), conduct research, development, and evaluations to evolve enterprise services. The contractor shall identify, train, and transition relevant project tasks to enterprise service providers with an automation-first mindset and provide tiered support to resolve network issues in a timely fashion. The contractor shall continuously collaborate with various offices and vendors, work with various teams to understand requirements/concerns, and participate in vendor technical exchange meetings if necessary. Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
- Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network and security concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Analyzes user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems.
- Incorporates engineering strategies for introducing new security technology into customer's infrastructure related business processes, namely, Collection, Analysis, Production and Dissemination. Develops future network and security technologies and architectural advancements to support CIO architectural strategy, technology migration, security posture, and integration and evolution.
- Works with appropriate parties to resolve discrepancies between proposed IT systems and enterprise quality and security standards. Provides technical direction for personnel performing software development tasks, makes recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations.
- Document design specifications, installation instructions, and other system related information.
- Complete models and simulations, using manual or automated tools, to analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
- Perform ongoing hardware and software maintenance operations as required for Tier 4 efforts.
- Produce script configuration for network security devices; including routers, switches, firewalls.
Desired Requirements (nice to have but not required):
- Active TS SCI with Poly Required
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline from an accredited college or university and ten (10) to fourteen (14) years of progressive, relevant experience or an MS degree in a computer or system science discipline and eight (8) to twelve (12) years of progressive experience, or a Ph.D. degree in a computer or system science discipline and four (4) to seven (7) years of progressive experience
- Demonstrated experience with network design and creating relevant network documentation
- Demonstrated advance level hands-on experience installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining network services, equipment and devices, such as switches, routers, servers, cable/rack, and firewalls
- In-depth understand of OSI 7 layer network communications model and core technologies, concepts, protocols, and applications such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, HTTP, SSH, SNMP, VPN, QoS
- Demonstrated knowledge of routing and switching concepts (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Demonstrated experience with written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Required Certifications: CCNA or JNCIA
- Experience with government networks and secure communications
- Experience with network performance optimization
- Experience with cryptographic equipment
- Desired Certification: CCNP, CCVP, CCSP, CCDP, JNCIS, or CCIE/JNCIE
- Over 10 years of experience in IP network technology preferred
- Essential Functions (Enter essential functions that are not listed below under the relevant header):
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.Work Environment:
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers. Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment. Attendance:
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur. Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.