Physician Office Based Interventional Radiology Oncology Nurse Navigator
Fairfax Radiology Centers, LLC is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to work with the FRC Interventional Oncology (IO) Team at the Fairfax Vascular Center (FVC).The IO RN Navigator will work collaboratively with the FRC team toprovide individualized support to patients and their families throughout their continuum of care.This role is being added as FVC is growing its interventional oncology business and the person in this role will be well-positioned to grow along with it. As new services are onboarded we are looking for a nurse who can tailor their oncology expertise to meet the needs and challenges to these specific patients. Full time position- 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday approximately 8:00am 4:30pm. This schedule is subject to change. The office is based in Fairfax, VA. Please visit:www.fairfaxradiology.com
FRC offers full insurance benefits,competitive salary and excellent working environment. No call, weekends, or evenings. Benefits includes: Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance; 401K Plan; Life AD STD and LTD; and Leave (21 days) & Holidays (7 days), and Continuing Education Reimbursement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate direct communication with Inova Fair Oaks hospital and Inova Fairfax Hospital coordinators to be sure all patients are safely prepped to undergo IO procedures. This includes reviewing all preop lab work and testing to be sure each patient meets safety requirements.
- Educate patients about their diagnosis, treatment options and resources available as well as aid in the development of patient education material.
- Advocate for patients and families through their care process to ensure they understand the diagnostic process and imaging protocols, treatment recommendations and care plan.
- Assist patients with referrals for associated needs, including home nursing, physical therapy, pain management and hospice.
- Actively track all IO patients alongside designated team members to ensure that they are receiving appropriate care and that all their medication needs, imaging, follow up and referrals are fulfilled.
- As needed--Assist in the pre-authorization process for various procedures and work closely with FRC and Inova billing departments to ensure completion of approval and/or denials.
Qualifications and Requirements:
RN certification/BSN; VA License; RN with 3 years of general direct patient care nursing experience including 2 years of oncology background--outpatient setting experience is strongly preferred.
- Quality-minded experienced individual with excellent clinical skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to oversee the IO patient schedule and help facilitate each patient's plan of care.
- Adaptability, flexibility, and responsiveness in meeting patient, referring MD, and clinic MD needs
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Assertive, self-motivated, and skilled at building relationships with other caregivers and teams, patients and families
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Confident and comfortable with some ambiguity as the position is evolving; willing to actively work on improving and optimizing processes
- Prior cancer case management experience preferred
- Computer savvy with electronic medical records (EMR) skills.
To submit your resume please:
1) press APPLY button OR
2) submit to: http://fairfaxradiology.applicantpool.com
Posting ID: 598159410Posted: 2021-01-15