PeopleFun is a rapidly growing studio where development teams thrive on collaboration, creativity, and fun! Our mission is to create the best family-friendly casual games in the mobile market while having a great time doing it.
PeopleFun seeks a multitalented UX Designer who has a passion for games, especially in the casual/mobile space. Youll work on game features for our (new &) existing projects that are seen by millions of players daily! As a UX Designer at PeopleFun, you will be an integral part of the pipeline; designing and creating awesome looking and endearing experiences for all of our players. You will be surrounded by passionate people who will challenge you to become an even better game developer every single day.
- You inspire team members and stakeholders and help create captivating and endearing game experiences
- Your game-design and layout-design feedback is creative and constructive
- Youre always looking to learn, and looking at what is working in our industry, and trends that we may want to adopt for current or upcoming features
- You understand game design processes and can also think like a player to give thoughts and insight on what can make the best experience
- You always know what to do and how to tackle problems in an ever changing environment
- Produce wireframes, pre-visualization prototypes, full play-through flows & walk-throughs, mock-ups and design documentation for the team
- Help facilitate cross-functional design discussions/workshopping sessions and represent the voice of the player during these sessions
- Be a champion for UX design standards and help educate team members on usability best practices
- And you will design user interfaces and interaction architecture to work with a variety of game features
Important: To be considered, please provide a cover letter to explain, in your own words, your interest in this position and why you feel you'd be a great fit.
- Proficiency with visual design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq etc.) and pre-visualization/prototyping tools (e.g. Invision, Figma, Proto.io, Adobe XD, Flinto etc.)
- A demonstrated knowledge of UX best practices, ideally through work samples or a portfolio that can validate your approach to experience design
- Ability to understand the key pillars of a game or feature and iterate toward the best player experience possible
- Ability to communicate clearly your design by referencing the best practices and expanding on comps that inspire solutions being presented to the team
- Comfortable with flexibility on what UX role and support looks like per feature. The ability to give meaningful feedback to design documents to the ability to own the entire UX process by assisting a feature design through its life-cycle .
Valuable Additional Skills
- A gamer who not only understands, but deconstructs successful UX across core and casual games
- Familiarity with user research trends/procedures and experience organizing/conducting usability tests on proprietary products
- UI experience and knowledge of visual/graphic design best practices
- Familiarity with feature design in the mobile free-to-play gaming space
- Working knowledge of the Unity game development platform
- Experience working within a sprint structure alongside a multi-disciplined team
- At least one launched mobile gaming title
- Competitive compensation package
- Performance bonuses
- 401K with 3% employer matching
- Family friendly culture
- Flex PTO policy
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- On-site gym and free Yoga classes
- $1,000 annual game device and IAP budget
- Free drinks & snacks, catered lunch on Fridays
- Happy hours, social events and more
PeopleFun is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law..
Posting ID: 601642534Posted: 2021-01-24