Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys
automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus
automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico. Position Summary
Responsible for the efficient diagnosis, repair, and preventive maintenance of vehicles along with replacement of general automotive parts and accessories. Partner with store management and the desk team to deliver superior service and education to customers on problems and proposed solutions for their vehicles. Duties & Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ensure a thorough safety and mechanical vehicle inspection is completed and documented in the work order system for every car assigned to him/her that comes into the shop. Ability to communicate repairs that are necessary for the safety and operational efficiency of the vehicle to customers and management. Recommends additional repairs and services pertaining to scheduled maintenance, vehicle enhancements, and/or upgrades as appropriate. Adheres to MAP (UICS) standards.
- Conduct a wide variety of diagnoses and repairs; including but not limited to brakes, all tire related services, including mounting, balancing, and flat repairs, state safety and emissions testing (where required), fluid changes, steering and suspension, maintenance services, starting and charging. Responsible for securing vehicle during repairs and after repairs are completed.
- Maintain technical capabilities to ensure proficient, safe use of service equipment. Interprets and applies technical instructions in diagram and text form.
- Maintain company directed productivity, training development plan, and comeback performance levels.
- Approachable and knowledgeable resource regarding technical matters related to installation and proper application of parts and accessories, while also providing accurate and effective direction, advice and assistance to service advisors, other technicians, commercial, retail and parts associates, management, and customers.
- Partner with Management to produce a safe and healthy work environment that complies with all local, state, and federal laws, as well as with company policies and procedures. Expected to comply with loss prevention, safety, and environmental codes and ordinances.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Valid Driver's License.
- Successful completion of drug test.
- 1-2 years of related experience in the automotive service environment.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions. Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- ASEs required; ASE A1 through A8- Electrical and Engine Performance is strongly preferred; state certifications/licenses where required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work Days, Nights, Holidays and Weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Physical Demands
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Possesses fine motor skills to safely operate tools.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Posting ID: 555795305Posted: 2021-01-21