Toyon seeks an individual to support training of facility protection operations personnel and ensure operational readiness of emergency response software applications as part of our Homeland Security team. The successful candidate will be required to provide classroom-based instruction and support readiness exercises, as well as assist in the development of course material, training plans, performance assessments, and software test procedures. This position is primarily focused on effective use of command and control software applications and associated emergency response procedures.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Gain thorough understanding of the subject software applications, and apply this understanding in the training and software development programs
· Conduct recurring training sessions at client sites for small groups of trainees
· Create and maintain computer-based training modules to support continuous learning requirements
· Tailor training session content and delivery based on end-user roles, experience and computer skills
· Utilize a variety of training techniques and concepts (e.g. briefings, scenarios, group discussions, etc.) to ensure maximum effectiveness of training sessions
· Capture end user feedback in a manner that can be provided to clients and software developers
The ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills, and ambitions:
· Strong public speaking and presentations
· Excellent oral and written communication
· Detailed, organized lesson and curriculum planning
· Experience in managing an e-learning environment (e.g. Moodle)
· Background in all-hazard sensors and emergency response equipment, command and control applications, and emergency response procedures
· Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required
· A.S. or B.S. in a technical field
· Minimum 2 years of direct experience providing in-person instruction to trainees in civilian or military environment
U.S. Citizenship is Required. Ability to qualify for a US Department of Defense security clearance required.
Please e-mail resume to:
WE OFFER AN EXCEPTIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Toyon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability