Veterinarian Technician Job Responsibilities:
- Provides animal care by determining animal requirements.
- Conducts examinations and diagnostic procedures.
- Assists during operations.
- Feeds and cares for animals.
- Maintains supplies and equipment.
- Maintains records.
- Completes laboratory tests and studies and diagnostic imaging.
- Takes vital signs and collects samples.
- Administers medications, drugs, and vaccines.
- Bandages and wraps wounds.
- Supports animal examinations by assembling required supplies and instruments.
- Explains animal status to owners.
- Prepares surgery table instruments.
- Completes local/regional anesthesia.
- Places catheters and obtains blood gases as needed.
- Maintains sterile conditions.
- Obtains and verifies medications.
- Cleans animal cages and equipment
- Maintains safe, secure, healthy, and humane environment by sterilizing and wrapping instruments, sanitizing operating areas, verifying shelf life of medications, and complying with legal regulations.
Veterinarian Technician Qualifications / Skills:
- Knowledge of animal behavior
- Animal husbandry
- Love of animals
- Documentation skills
- Analyzing information
- Clinical skills
- Use of medical technologies
- Attention to detail
- Verbal communication
- Technical understanding
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Completion of a two-year American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited program from a community college, college, or university
- License certification
Posting ID: 564032690Posted: 2021-01-15