Our client is looking for Systems Engineers to work on exciting space flight programs designed to further human exploration beyond Low Earth Orbit. These Systems Engineers will work within the Tactical Space Division at the Dulles, VA site.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for key Systems Engineering (SE) deliverables as part of an SE Integrated Team at various program levels i.e. Mission-, Element-, Segment-level, including the direction and results of a multi-disciplined engineering development of the space system architecture & elements of for flight program deliverables or new business concepts and proposals.
The Systems Engineer position is expected to be self-directed using previous experience to help lead Spacecraft and/or Mission design and analysis efforts, Mission Operations and Ground Segment development, or Specialty Systems Engineering Analysis. Candidates must be able to recognize and mitigate instrument, spacecraft, ground segment, and mission technical issues while operating within budget and on schedule.
- 3-5+ years of experience in systems engineering is required, 5-10 years of experience is preferred
• Provide support to all or selected segments for the SE Integrated Team
• Lead and critique space vehicle and/or ground segment design and analysis efforts
• Conceive and develop solutions to complex analytical, design, and test problems
• Develop and provide input to the Program Systems Engineering Management Plan
• Technical management of major bus subcontracted program elements
• Support contractual space segment technical reviews
• Responsible to write monthly status and technical performance reviews and reports
• EVMS baseline generation, tracking/maintenance and variance analysis
- Responsible for Management and Development of Requirements, system level and technical budgets, and interfaces
Candidate Must Possess the Following Skills:
• Translate program objectives and customer requirements into system requirements
• Complete functional decomposition of system requirements
• Develop and maintain Systems Concept of Operations
• Evaluate and adjust system requirements in order to best meet program objectives
• Develop and manage system interfaces to integrate multi-element systems
• Allocate requirements among multiple elements of an integrated space system
• Must have a Bachelor's Degree or higher in an Engineering field with a preference for Aerospace
• Principal Engineer: 5 or more years of applicable experience in a technical field with a preference of production or hardware development
• Sr, Principal Engineer: 9 or more years of applicable experience in a technical field with a preference of production or hardware development
• Proficiency in related engineering programs, Microsoft Office, Microsoft SharePoint, Matlab, etc.
• Either self-experience or experience interfacing with team members in any of the following fields:
o Command and Data Handling design and development
- Electrical design at a card, component or system level
- FPGA / Processor design and development
- Software design and development
o Power distribution system design and development
o Mechanical design and development
o Thermal control system design and development
o Automotive and motor design and development
o Radio communication design and development
• Requirements development and management processes utilizing DOORS
• Experience in development and maintenance of interface control documents
• Experience in avionics system testing and evaluation
• Knowledge of Launch Vehicles, System Safety, System Reliability, Contamination Control, EMI, Space Environments (Radiation, Surface Charging, etc.), and Human Factors is also desired.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.