McLean 2 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Head of Platform - United Income About United Income
United Income is a rapidly growing financial technology company recently acquired by Capital One that uses new technology to increase the financial potential of customers in ways that have not been possible in the past. The team has attracted over 300 media stories about the company's wealth-building innovations and thought leadership, including a Forbes article that said United Income has "an all-star team." Now, as part of Capital One, United Income's growth has accelerated and the team is rapidly expanding to support the next wave of more ambitious growth and technology innovation goals. Head of Platform Role
You will work directly with United Income's leaders in shaping the future growth and trajectory of the business. This role requires strong cross-functional engagement, project management, and leadership skills; a proven ability to leverage data to manage software development decisions; and an obsession with building a transformative, holistic solution that is deeply impactful in the financial lives of our customers. In particular, your responsibilities will include:
- Furthering our mission to increase the income and wealth mobility in the U.S. for the greatest number of people possible by using technology to unlock new wealth-building power, new market paths for rapid scale, and new opportunities for advisors to have impact
- Leading our unified, holistic platform vision, taking input and insight from team consisting of peers, consisting of four business leaders, a technology leader, and various key stakeholders to efficiently and effectively allocate software resources across business teams and coordinate plans
- Managing a transparent and compelling methodology for allocating software development resources across peer business teams, and drive consensus around those decisions
- Serving as a Center of Excellence for product associates. Help standardize and continuously improve Manage a standard a uniform product development process, systems, and expectations for deliverables across business teams. Mentor and guide product managers, helping to develop their product management skills.
- Stewarding a unified customer journey experience that is well managed across four different peer business teams that rely on the same technology and service platform
- Evangelizing that unified vision and roadmap, as well as the platform, in forums at every level of the institution
- Managing the coordination, inter-dependencies, and integrity of the business team roadmaps and sprint development cycles, with input from the business team leaders
- Overseeing user interface design, usability testing, customer research, metrics and data analysis by working with a head of design and a team of designers - and ensuring there are consistent standards across the teams and sufficient support for the business teams
- Driving and leading insights on user behavior and pain points, while promoting data-based decision making.
- Building an operational plan for platform performance improvement and scalability and balance resource allocation between new feature development, architecture evolution and quality metrics; based on data and analytics
- Managing bottlenecks, resolving escalations, anticipating and making feature and resource trade-offs, balance the business needs against technical constraints, and maximizing business benefit while facilitating the building of great customer experiences
- Leveraging design expertise and thought leadership in user experience, subscriber and fan engagement to develop products that create differentiation in the marketplace
- Partnering closely with engineers, designers, business leaders and our customers to create, execute and deliver our platform product strategy
- Determining additional business teams we need to win in the markets we compete in
- Supporting business leaders to determine the software resources their teams need to win and execute on their roadmaps and visions
- Partnering with finance and executive partners to manage and refine gearing ratios for scaling software development team growth
- Partnering with risk and compliance executives to ensure that our development is well-managed and responsive to broader institutional needs and inter-dependencies
- Maintaining and amending as needed a comprehensive metric report for business performance and product and service plan and status updates
- Managing and reporting on a recurring NPS survey and any supplementary surveys
- Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- At least 5 years of product management experience in a B2B SaaS or B2C product
- At least 5 years of experience leading teams of designers or product managers
- Experience building and managing financial platforms at scale
- Proven track record building and working on lean agile product development teams and DevOps environment.
- 6 or more years of product management experience in a B2B SaaS or B2C product
- Experience with overseeing APIs and SDKs for platform performance
- 7 or more years of experience leading teams of designers and/or product managers
- Experience working in a high-growth company with fast-paced decision making processes
- Demonstrated strength in building trust and driving alignment across a diverse, matrixed set of stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and demonstrated ability to influence others
- Experience overseeing product roadmaps
- Experienced in constructing product value propositions
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience with Cloud based platform and data delivery
- Experience building innovative financial experiences, user interfaces and user engagement features, grounded in a planned roadmaps with generally accepted master journeys
- Great business acumen and understanding of Product Business cases, Product P&L, and financial models
- Experience leading data driven product decisions, prioritization and roadmaps
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).